Old 03-11-2003, 05:30 PM
BMC

Default Metric System

I recently received a recipe that was entirely in the metric system. Can
someone direct me to a site that'll help me convert grams to cups and
tablespoons?

Thanks,

Old 03-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Darrell Grainger

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, BMC wrote:

I recently received a recipe that was entirely in the metric system. Can
someone direct me to a site that'll help me convert grams to cups and
tablespoons?

Give this link a try: http://gocanada.about.com/library/xmetric.htm.

Don't send e-mail to
Old 03-11-2003, 06:09 PM
Wayne Boatwright

(Darrell Grainger) wrote in
:

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, BMC wrote:

I recently received a recipe that was entirely in the metric system.
Can someone direct me to a site that'll help me convert grams to cups
and tablespoons?

Give this link a try:
http://gocanada.about.com/library/xmetric.htm.

Better yet... On this site is a small freeware program called "Convert"
which is very handy for all things metric as well as many others.

Wayne
Old 23-11-2003, 04:00 AM
chef_riggy

Well, stamped or molded into most spoon sets are the metric equivalents.

1 Tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml

and most cups also share this feature.

I use a recipe ar work calling for 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup milk, and the
cups at work don't have thirds and I'm bad about guessing, so I use 80ml of
each, the metric being calibrated finer and is easier to guess at (just a
shade over the 75ml tick, and just a shade under the 175ml tick for the
2/3c).

The only dry weight I know off-hand is that 16oz (US) = 2.2kg, and 7g =
..25oz advorpoise (about 28g/oz).

Old 23-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Graham

"chef_riggy" wrote in message
Well, stamped or molded into most spoon sets are the metric equivalents.

1 Tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml

and most cups also share this feature.

I use a recipe ar work calling for 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup milk, and the
cups at work don't have thirds and I'm bad about guessing, so I use 80ml

of
each, the metric being calibrated finer and is easier to guess at (just a
shade over the 75ml tick, and just a shade under the 175ml tick for the
2/3c).

The only dry weight I know off-hand is that 16oz (US) = 2.2kg, and 7g =
.25oz advorpoise (about 28g/oz).

Actually, it is 2.2lbs (i.e., 35.2oz) = 1kg
2.2kg = 4lbs 13.6oz