BMC

Default Metric System

I recently received a recipe that was entirely in the metric system. Can
someone direct me to a site that'll help me convert grams to cups and
tablespoons?

Thanks,

LIMEYNO1

http://www.realfood4realpeople.com/c...tml#Australian

"BMC" > wrote in message
> I recently received a recipe that was entirely in the metric system. Can
> someone direct me to a site that'll help me convert grams to cups and
> tablespoons?
>
> Thanks,

Darrell Grainger

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, BMC wrote:

> I recently received a recipe that was entirely in the metric system. Can
> someone direct me to a site that'll help me convert grams to cups and
> tablespoons?

Give this link a try: http://gocanada.about.com/library/xmetric.htm.

Don't send e-mail to
chef_riggy

Well, stamped or molded into most spoon sets are the metric equivalents.

1 Tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml

and most cups also share this feature.

I use a recipe ar work calling for 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup milk, and the
cups at work don't have thirds and I'm bad about guessing, so I use 80ml of
each, the metric being calibrated finer and is easier to guess at (just a
shade over the 75ml tick, and just a shade under the 175ml tick for the
2/3c).

The only dry weight I know off-hand is that 16oz (US) = 2.2kg, and 7g =
..25oz advorpoise (about 28g/oz).

Graham

"chef_riggy" > wrote in message
> Well, stamped or molded into most spoon sets are the metric equivalents.
>
> 1 Tbsp = 15 ml
> 1 tsp = 5 ml
>
> and most cups also share this feature.
>
> I use a recipe ar work calling for 1/3 cup oil and 1/3 cup milk, and the
> cups at work don't have thirds and I'm bad about guessing, so I use 80ml

of
> each, the metric being calibrated finer and is easier to guess at (just a
> shade over the 75ml tick, and just a shade under the 175ml tick for the
> 2/3c).
>
> The only dry weight I know off-hand is that 16oz (US) = 2.2kg, and 7g =
> .25oz advorpoise (about 28g/oz).

Actually, it is 2.2lbs (i.e., 35.2oz) = 1kg
2.2kg = 4lbs 13.6oz