Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Sour cream lemon pie like Marie Callendar's?

Can anyone point me to a recipe for sour cream lemon pie that is
similar to that served by Marie Callendar's?

I found several online, buit would prefer any hints so I don;t have to
try them all.

Thanks.

Here are some of the ones I found:

http://pie.allrecipes.com/az/SourCrmLemonPie.asp
http://www.recipesource.com/desserts...0/rec1005.html
http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-...am_pie,FF.html
* That one has 250+ recipes
http://recipes.ksl.com/recipe-9343i.php

--
For email, use
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:20:34 -0800, LurfysMa >
wrote:

>Can anyone point me to a recipe for sour cream lemon pie that is
>similar to that served by Marie Callendar's?

Not a buyer of "brands" I don't know if this is what you are looking
for or not...but this is the best lemon sour cream pie we have ever
had.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Lemon Delicious Pie

desserts, fruits, pies

1 cup sugar
3 tablespoon cornstarch
2 oz butter
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 egg yolks, unbeaten
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 9 pie shell, baked
----TOPPING----
1 whipped cream or
1 meringue from 3 egg whites

Mix sugar and cornstarch. Combine with butter, lemon juice, egg yolks
and
milk. Cook in top of a double boiler until thick and cooked. Remove
from
heat and let cool.

When cool, stir in sour cream. Pour into baked pie shell.

Serve with whipped cream or make meringue with 3 egg whites.

Meringue: 3 egg whites 1/4 ts cream tartar 6 tablespoons sugar.

Preheat oven to 425F. In Mixing bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
Add
cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in
sugar
and continue beating until stiff and glossy. Pile meringue lightly on
cooled pie making sure it touches edge of pastry to prevent it from
shrinking. Bake five to six minutes.

Yield: 8 servings

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures
may not be consistent with what you know to be true.
As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!