Old 16-01-2006, 09:55 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

Default cake decorating questions

We don't have much to discuss.
So you don't know about the magazine?

I think I have seen a specimen of that magazine...in my past visit to
the university library ....but did not get my interest to browse
it...Maybe ....as I already understood what culinology means.....What
is the need for more details then?....

Old 16-01-2006, 11:15 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

By the way you said....
You act as if you know it all and have no reason to seek the knowledge
of others, or no need for books as reference.

If that would be the case I will not need to attend technical
conferences and meetings in food chemistry,bakery and confectionery
technology etc...grin. As That is my way of learning new
developments in my field....and to network with similar minded people
also....
Besides its fun to meet my candy and dough 'playmates' ( or what other
people considers as peers) from different parts of the world...

Even the most experienced scientist keeps books written by others on
their shelf for reference and guidence. James Watson kept a copy of
the Maniatus molecular biology "bible" (Molecular cloning: a laboratory
manual) above his lab bench for reference

Indeed if you are doing research work there should be lots of
reference literature.. if not how can you do your product development
work competently and effectively..?..there should be background
information as the basis for a particular R&D project....and it will be
helpful also when you to make a competent write up of your deeds
grin..
But those materials are safely located in the library. ..

For me while in the lab... its most important literatures to be
within reach are the Chemist Handbook and the Merck Index.. The
other relevant details needed are stored in the electronic
database....to be accessible with my fingertips...in the computer
keyuboard...
That may change soon as the most of the handbooks and indexes can now
be accessed by computers ....via CD-ROM or by remote access.....

Old 16-01-2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.food.baking
Bob (this one)

chembake wrote:
"-L." wrote:

Let me guess: But YOU don't...

Look here I am not claiming I know everything...and nobody knows
everything ......that is not the ultimate purpose of learning...nor the
attainment of wisdom...But... its is the firm grasp of the essentials
is what is most important...that is considered the attainment of
superior knowledge and the flowering of wisdom.

Your opinion. Most people would equate deep knowledge and the capacity
to use it on very sophisticated applications to be "superior knowledge."

Wisdom is to know what you don't know.

That is why I don't collect books.....it will take a herculean
effort,,,, to know all the details of those many books...

And that's the reason to read books? "To know all the details of those
many books?" One has to *memorize* books for them to be useful? There
are no ideas you haven't already thought of in them? None?

So because you think books are for remembering all the details, you read
none so that isn't a problem. Can the illogic of that escape you?

which the
results does not actually lead to the improvement of your
knowledge...

And if you don't read them, how can you know whether it will result in
increased knowledge?

but rather to bringing you in a confused state....then you
will strive to read more in order to sort out the self created
confusion....?

This is plain idiotic logic. Reading will bring you to a confused state,
you say, so don't read. Keep your knowledge at its current state
forever, as though human thought and technology should be so static.

Going back to cookery....its not a collection of recipes. and
procedures...but the comprehension of the essentials of those
formulations and methodologiies that is most important....there are
infinite permutation of recipes..but the principles involved in its
preparation is simple....

This is more nonsense. There's no understanding of principles without
ongoing study of the field. New technologies, new tools, new
instrumentation. New research findings in food science.

That is why for me.....I consider cookery as 99% commonsense and only
1% recipe....

Utterly absurd. Biology isn't common sense. Nor is chemistry. Physics.
Technique isn't common sense. All these things are based on many, many
principles extracted over time from the efforts of many people. Common
sense offers nothing without detailed knowledge. Common sense is the
capacity to make good judgements - which presupposes knowledge of
successful experience, unsuccessful experience and the experience of
others. That's information - necessary to good judgement - and the best
place to find it is in books.

Its unfortunate that most people think in reverse.....and that is why
they kept on collecting books... and these authors are laughing their
way to the bankgrin...

grin indeed. The truly sad part of your anti-knowledge, anti-study,
anti-information viewpoint is that you get, as you have, the false idea
that you're knowledgeable. You're perhaps knowledgeable for 1985 or
1990. The world has moved beyond that and will continue to.

And for as long as you persist in ridiculing books, the people who write
them and progress in getting more knowledge, that's how far behind the
current state of understanding of food science, food technology and food
quality you will always be.

Being a professional means acting like one. A professional keeps up with
his field through books, publications, seminars, organizations and
constant experimentation. It means performing the daily processes of the
field in a scholarly way, always looking for new information. Always
looking. You've stopped that if you ever did it. You think that meetings
are the way to keep up with what's going on in the field. Nope.

Pastorio
Old 16-01-2006, 09:23 PM posted to rec.food.baking
Bob (this one)

chembake wrote:

We don't have much to discuss.
So you don't know about the magazine?

I think I have seen a specimen of that magazine...in my past visit to
the university library ....but did not get my interest to browse
it...Maybe ....as I already understood what culinology means.....What
is the need for more details then?....

What a profoundly ridiculous thing to say.

Pastorio
Old 17-01-2006, 06:52 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

LOL! lick your wounds Bob!

Old 17-01-2006, 07:01 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

Bob, I just realize now that your are shallow person......Its a waste
of time explaining the essence of my message to a person consumed by
egotism...
I leave it to you to digest its meaning....and how to interpret it
according according to the finite level of your understandinggrin..

Old 17-01-2006, 10:17 AM posted to rec.food.baking
Bob (this one)

chembake wrote:
LOL! lick your wounds Bob!

Sure. Let's see...

So when I said you were insulting and you denied it and then insulted
more, that was an example of your sincerity and honesty, right? Or maybe
an attempt to wound, but sneakily, as I pointed out...

You talk like a Luddite, showing your deep unprofessionalism and your
proud ignorance, and I'm wounded? You don't know much food science
beyond water activity, but think you do and try to peddle the flawed
understanding here, and I'm wounded? You proudly exclaim that you don't
read books or professional publications, and I'm wounded? Your logic is
even worse than your phony, out-dated professionalism.

Could you be more of a clownish moron?

That's a rhetorical question. Don't bother your pretty little head about it.

Pastorio
Old 17-01-2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.food.baking
Bob (this one)

Default ego decorating questions

chembake wrote:

Bob, I just realize now that your are shallow person......Its a waste
of time explaining the essence of my message to a person consumed by
egotism...

LOL Oh, the essence of your message was very clear. And very tiny. AND
very self-serving.

I leave it to you to digest its meaning....and how to interpret it
according according to the finite level of your understandinggrin..

Your minuscule message requires not so much digestion as knee slapping
laughter. The sheer, ignorant superficiality of what you've posted here
in the past few days explains all that anyone needs to know about you.
Unfortunately.

It's terribly sad that you have so little going for yourself that this
is what you end up doing. First, you demean pretty much everybody who
doesn't march lockstep with you. Then you demean books, the ongoing
progress in what you say is your professional field. Then you talk crap
food science oversimplifying a complex issue by attributing it all to
water activity.

Your nastiness punctuated by your grin is still nastiness. You're not
interested in dialogue; you only want to read your words. Pity...

Pastorio
Old 17-01-2006, 11:22 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

LOL! shallow bob don't cry....okay...

Old 17-01-2006, 11:30 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

LOL!
Bobby boy you are entitled to your opinion...but it does not diminish
my capabilities either.. besides ... dialogues, are are not for
shallow individuals...when I see your replies going in different
directions.. and becoming petty .....I realize that further discussion
with you is of no use....grin...

Better stick with your pots and pans and stick also and your
traditional cookery...forget about science...,culinology ..its not for
you.either.......grin..its beyond your grasp....grin...

Old 19-01-2006, 08:31 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Chembake has proved that it's his brain that is baked. He could also use
some English lessons, as his grammar and usage of the language is quite poor.

I'd like to see Sheldon get into it with this loser! Come on, Sheldon!!!
Old 20-01-2006, 05:09 AM posted to rec.food.baking
chembake

wrote

.... has proved that it's his brain that is baked. He could also use

some English lessons, as his grammar and usage of the language is quite
poor.

ARE YOU HAVING an ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER...?.... or a weak ego
problem...?

Loser?
Looks whose talking here.../?.....
What have you proven that you are not...?

Look fella you are barking at the wrong tree....!

Prove your worth in this group before you start growling..grin..

Me I don't need to grin...

.....Grammar...?.. who cares about that in the usenet..?
Besides
I post by Google groups not in the news server...

..If you type directly under the reply part in the Google Groups there
is no facility to spell check,,, or correct....your English
composition...
If I am in a hurry to scribble a post....I don't give a damn if the
grammar is correct or not....words can become doubled, ....spelling can
become garbled... etc...

It never cause me any concern...
As I am certain if I write a paper for a professional presentation
etc to be viewed by a peer .. in a meeting or conference . it's a
totally different matter.....

..You have a problem with that.....? ....Spell check your arse....! Put
syntax in your crap...!

Decorating the Christmas cake Janet General Cooking 15 22-12-2016 02:43 PM
Cake decorating Xise Baking 1 04-06-2007 04:56 PM
cake decorating Teri General Cooking 2 27-07-2005 08:13 PM
Cake decorating books? Michael General Cooking 0 28-12-2004 01:00 AM
cake decorating magazines Sally Pinnell Baking 2 05-01-2004 04:59 AM