Donna

Default Bread Machine - Cinnamon Raisin

Hello---

I am trying to revive the use of my bread machine.

There are lots of recipes online for cinnamon raisin bread, but do you have
one you particularly like? I would like it on the sweet side.

Also a question..... What gives some breads a slightly metallic taste?
There is probably a better description for this taste, but "slightly
metallic" is the best I can think of.

I have the book title "Bread Machine Magic" (or something similar), and the
Cinnamon Raisin bread turned out a little metallic.

Also.....do you really favor the Red Star yeast? Do you increase the amount
of yeast used if you use something other than Red Star, as some recipe books
suggest?

Thank you for the information and the benefit of your experience.

Warmest Regards,

Donna

Eric Jorgensen

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:46:17 -0600
"Donna" > wrote:

> Hello---
>
> I am trying to revive the use of my bread machine.
>
> There are lots of recipes online for cinnamon raisin bread, but do you
> have one you particularly like? I would like it on the sweet side.

I like my cinnamon raisin bread to be like an enormous cinnamon roll.
Aside from that it's pretty much my usual white bread dough, rolled thin,
butter applied, sugar and cinnamon and raisins dumped on, and rolled up.

> Also a question..... What gives some breads a slightly metallic taste?
> There is probably a better description for this taste, but "slightly
> metallic" is the best I can think of.

like a copper taste or like a rust taste?

> I have the book title "Bread Machine Magic" (or something similar), and
> the Cinnamon Raisin bread turned out a little metallic.

It's hard to say. It could be that some of the metal used in the pan or
hook is reacting with something in the dough.

Janet Bostwick

"Donna" > wrote in message
> Hello---

snip
> Also.....do you really favor the Red Star yeast? Do you increase the
> amount of yeast used if you use something other than Red Star, as some
> recipe books suggest?
>
> Thank you for the information and the benefit of your experience.
>
> Warmest Regards,
>
> Donna

Red Star Active Dry Yeast and Fleischmann's Active Dry Yeast are the same
and either may be used in the same quantities. If you are discussing Bread
Machine Yeast or Rapid Rise or Quick Rise (names used for various yeast
products in Fleischmann's and Red Star), you need to refer to the web site
for Red Star and Fleischmann's to determine if the quantities are
interchangeable between the two company products. Beyond the yeast products
already mentioned, there are also two instant yeast products available from
an additional company--SAF. I recommend that you visit the web sites of the
various yeast companies to find out what yeast you are using and which yeast
is being recommended your particular bread machine cookbook.
Janet

Donna

Well, to choose between the two, I'd say a more coppery taste.