Spoons

Default Freeze cookie dough???

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone had a good cookie dough recipe that I can freeze?
I have two little ones that like homemade cookies & I don't always have to
time to whip them up so I'm looking for a cookie recipe that I can freeze
unbaked induvidual cookie drops and bake them up when I want.

thanks a bunch,
Spoons

Vox Humana

"Spoons" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if someone had a good cookie dough recipe that I can

freeze?
> I have two little ones that like homemade cookies & I don't always have to
> time to whip them up so I'm looking for a cookie recipe that I can freeze
> unbaked induvidual cookie drops and bake them up when I want.

I routinely freeze all types of drop cookies (oatmeal, peanut butter,
chocolate chip, etc.) I make up a double or triple batch, deposit the
cookies on a parchment lined sheet and put it in the freezer. After several
hours I remove the cookies and put them in a bag. When I want fresh
cookies, I just pop them in the oven and bake from the frozen state. I have
to add about 5 - 7 minutes to the baking time. I don't use any special
recipes or techniques.

Almost any cookie dough can be frozen into individual portions with no
problems. Tollhouse cookie dough freezes just fine, as do sugar,
peanut butter, oatmeal, shortbread, etc. You don't even need to let
them thaw out before you bake them. You might need to add a minute or
two to the baking time though depending on your preference.

Spoons

Thanks a bunch,

Today I made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies and froze them
individually. It was the raw egg that gave me some concern but I guess it
should be fine. How long will they keep?

Thanks
SPOONS

> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Almost any cookie dough can be frozen into individual portions with no
> problems. Tollhouse cookie dough freezes just fine, as do sugar,
> peanut butter, oatmeal, shortbread, etc. You don't even need to let
> them thaw out before you bake them. You might need to add a minute or
> two to the baking time though depending on your preference.

Vox Humana

"Spoons" > wrote in message
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Today I made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies and froze them
> individually. It was the raw egg that gave me some concern but I guess it
> should be fine. How long will they keep?

I would say about 3 month in the freezer - six if you use a vacuum sealer
like the Foodsaver. We always use them well before they even think of
deteriorating. I like to pop a few in the oven while we are having dinner,
especially if it is already heated. That way we can have fresh cookies. By
just baking a few at a time,there isn't the temptation of having dozens of
baked cookies sitting around calling your name.

Vox Humana

"Spoons" > wrote in message
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Today I made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies and froze them
> individually. It was the raw egg that gave me some concern but I guess it
> should be fine. How long will they keep?

I would say about 3 month in the freezer - six if you use a vacuum sealer
like the Foodsaver. We always use them well before they even think of
deteriorating. I like to pop a few in the oven while we are having dinner,
especially if it is already heated. That way we can have fresh cookies. By
just baking a few at a time,there isn't the temptation of having dozens of
baked cookies sitting around calling your name.

MOMPEAGRAM

The raw egg will cause no problem. My mom often made batches of eggs beaten
together and froze them in ice cube trays.

"Spoons" > wrote in message
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Today I made 2 batches of chocolate chip cookies and froze them
> individually. It was the raw egg that gave me some concern but I guess it
> should be fine. How long will they keep?
>
> Thanks
> SPOONS
>

> > wrote in message
> ps.com...
>> Almost any cookie dough can be frozen into individual portions with no
>> problems. Tollhouse cookie dough freezes just fine, as do sugar,
>> peanut butter, oatmeal, shortbread, etc. You don't even need to let
>> them thaw out before you bake them. You might need to add a minute or
>> two to the baking time though depending on your preference.

Chef

Pillsbury, Spunkmeyer, Fields, etc...have been doing it for a great many
years sold in forms called dough drops coming in sizes 1 ounce; 1.33 ounce;
2 ounce and 3 ounce.

Mad Dan

Chef wrote:
> Pillsbury, Spunkmeyer, Fields, etc...have been doing it for a great

many
> years sold in forms called dough drops coming in sizes 1 ounce; 1.33

ounce;
> 2 ounce and 3 ounce.

There's a dough company called "Spunkmeyer"?

Ewwww.....no thank you....