qahtan

Default Help , please........

I like to make whole wheat or multigrain wedgies.
But I cannot find how to keep the sprinkle of said grain on top of rolls
when they're baked.
If I moisten the top with water or milk and add the grain, during the
baking this will dry and the grains fall off. any ideas any one, ????
With cheese there is no problem, :-)

thanks qahtan

Vox Humana

"qahtan" > wrote in message
. ..
> I like to make whole wheat or multigrain wedgies.
> But I cannot find how to keep the sprinkle of said grain on top of rolls
> when they're baked.
> If I moisten the top with water or milk and add the grain, during the
> baking this will dry and the grains fall off. any ideas any one, ????
> With cheese there is no problem, :-)
>
> thanks qahtan

Have you tried egg wash?

qahtan

Wouldn't an egg wash make the top shiny.Or maybe I should try an egg yolk
and water, what d'ya think. thanks

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "qahtan" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> I like to make whole wheat or multigrain wedgies.
>> But I cannot find how to keep the sprinkle of said grain on top of rolls
>> when they're baked.
>> If I moisten the top with water or milk and add the grain, during the
>> baking this will dry and the grains fall off. any ideas any one, ????
>> With cheese there is no problem, :-)
>>
>> thanks qahtan

> Have you tried egg wash?

Vox Humana

"qahtan" > wrote in message
. ..
> Wouldn't an egg wash make the top shiny.Or maybe I should try an egg yolk
> and water, what d'ya think. thanks

You could give it a try. Is shiny bad? I don't know what a "wedgie" is.

Robyn

In ,
qahtan > typed:
> I like to make whole wheat or multigrain wedgies.
> But I cannot find how to keep the sprinkle of said grain on top of
> rolls when they're baked.
> If I moisten the top with water or milk and add the grain, during the
> baking this will dry and the grains fall off. any ideas any one, ????
> With cheese there is no problem, :-)
>
> thanks qahtan

Hi,
Try sprinkling your grains *before* the bread rises for the last
time, instead of just before baking. Then press the grains down with
your hands firmly. Most of them will stay in place through baking,
slicing, eating... Works for me, anyway. Good luck!

Robyn
--
To avoid grizzlies, the Alaska Department of Fish & Game advises hikers
to wear noisy little bells on clothes and carry pepper spray. Also watch

qahtan

Vox, the dough is rolled to about 3/4 inch thick and cut into triangles.
I cut them with a croisant roller cutter . It's just the shape that is
differnt.

http://www.nzbaker.co.nz/ if you scroll down this site you will see a
picture of wedgies, click picture to see it better.
No, shiny is not bad, qahtan

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "qahtan" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> Wouldn't an egg wash make the top shiny.Or maybe I should try an egg yolk
>> and water, what d'ya think. thanks
>>

> You could give it a try. Is shiny bad? I don't know what a

"wedgie" is.

Dave Bell

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, qahtan wrote:

> Vox, the dough is rolled to about 3/4 inch thick and cut into triangles.
> I cut them with a croisant roller cutter . It's just the shape that is
> differnt.
>
> http://www.nzbaker.co.nz/ if you scroll down this site you will see a
> picture of wedgies, click picture to see it better.
> No, shiny is not bad, qahtan

No picture that looks like a "wedgie"! I know I'm still curious... :{)

Dave
qahtan

I have just posted picture of wedgies on Bread Picture site, in file named
Glory. qahtan

rea.net...