jBeirader

Default Prune Cake Recipe...Loma Linda

Would anyone have the recipe for the famous Loma Linda Prune cake.
It is wonderful and the most moist cake and a mocha frosting.
It is healthy and terribly good.
Thank you.
limey

"jBeirader" wrote in message

> Would anyone have the recipe for the famous Loma Linda Prune cake.
> It is wonderful and the most moist cake and a mocha frosting.
> It is healthy and terribly good.
> Thank you.

Here's one version.
Dora

* Exported from MasterCook *

Loma Linda Chocolate Prune Cake

Recipe By :Veronica Hill
Serving Size : 8
3/4 cup pitted prunes
1/4 cup boiling water
2/3 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cups flour
5 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
CHOCOLATE ICING
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup white corn syrup
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Soak prunes in boiling water 30 minutes. Drain and set aside.

law Combine oil, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, salt and vanilla in bowl. Add eggs
and beat well 2 minutes. Combine soaked prunes and buttermilk in blender
container or food processor bowl and chop finely. Add to oil mixture with
flour, baking soda and baking powder. Beat well.

law Turn into well-greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan or 2 (8-inch)
round layer-cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees 30 minutes, or until wood pick
inserted near center comes out clean. Cool and frost with Chocolate Fudge
Icing.

law Chocolate Fudge Icing: Bring water to boil. Remove from heat and beat in
shortening and corn syrup. Add powdered sugar, cocoa, salt and vanilla. Beat
to spreading consistency.

Makes 8 servings.

Source:
"Cooks Exchange"

Vox Humana

"jBeirader" > wrote in message
> Would anyone have the recipe for the famous Loma Linda Prune cake.
> It is wonderful and the most moist cake and a mocha frosting.
> It is healthy and terribly good.
> Thank you.

A quick Google search found these:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ne+cake+recipe

Matthew

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message >.. .
> "jBeirader" > wrote in message
> > Would anyone have the recipe for the famous Loma Linda Prune cake.
> > It is wonderful and the most moist cake and a mocha frosting.
> > It is healthy and terribly good.
> > Thank you.

> A quick Google search found these:
> http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ne+cake+recipe

This recipe is the BEST! My mom made is for me this past weekend
and it was a big sucess! It was the hit of our dinner! Thank you
so much for your recipe! Keep them coming!

Matt