Old 08-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Member

Default Help!

I made chocolate chip cookies the other day and the batter looked perfectly smooth and tasted delicious, but when i baked them they didn't form well and just fell flat and stuck to the pan! why did this happen? is it possible my baking soda is not longer active?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:08 PM posted to rec.food.baking
Sky Sky is offline

On 3/8/2011 10:46 AM, thekitchen-aide wrote:
I made chocolate chip cookies the other day and the batter looked
perfectly smooth and tasted delicious, but when i baked them they didn't
form well and just fell flat and stuck to the pan! why did this happen?
is it possible my baking soda is not longer active?

Check the baking soda with a bit of vinegar. Just add a little bit of
cider vinegar to a small glass. Then drop in a small bit of the baking
soda. It should fizzle/bubble. If there is not fizzing/bubbling, then
the baking soda is too old and no longer usable.

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!