Old 24-12-2010, 04:44 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default receipe bread whole wheat oatmeal

Here is a recipe I use to get more oatmeal in my diet. I use a Breadman
bread maker machine.

Whole Wheat and Oatmeal with Gluten (1.5 LB Loaf)

Water 1-1/4 cup warm
Olive Oil 2-1/2 Tablespoons (can go as low as 1 Tablespoon but bread gets
dryer/coarser)
Molasses 2-1/2 Tablespoons
Salt 1-1/2 teaspoons
Dry Milk 2 Tablespoons
Gluten 2-1/2 Tablespoons
*Oatmeal Flour 106 grams
Whole Wheat Flour 320 grams
Active Dry Yeast 2 teaspoons

* Using regular Quaker Oats Oatmeal (not instant), process in a blender
until of flour consistency. If a few large pieces seen after grinding is no
problem.

The finished bread is surprisingly light and airy, not dense and the whole
wheat taste is balanced out with the much milder oatmeal flour.

Old 15-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Member

Old 06-05-2011, 01:48 AM
Member