shagger

Default donuts or doughnuts

i try to make donuts now for a few weeks but i am not able to make them
rise.
i mean i want verry airy and big donuts like the krispy creames.
on the internet it seems like people have a big secret to make them airy and
to make them rise well.
whats the big secret here??

LAllin

On 15-Feb-2004, "shagger" > wrote:

> i try to make donuts now for a few weeks but i am not able to make them
> rise.
> i mean i want verry airy and big donuts like the krispy creames.
> on the internet it seems like people have a big secret to make them airy
> and
> to make them rise well.
> whats the big secret here??

Try the fake Krispy Kreme recipe at:
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/breakd...akdonut11.html
shagger

thank u
i will try it tonight but it looks like my own receipe
"LAllin" > wrote in message
.. .

> On 15-Feb-2004, "shagger" > wrote:
>
> > i try to make donuts now for a few weeks but i am not able to make them
> > rise.
> > i mean i want verry airy and big donuts like the krispy creames.
> > on the internet it seems like people have a big secret to make them airy
> > and
> > to make them rise well.
> > whats the big secret here??

> Try the fake Krispy Kreme recipe at:
> http://www.recipegoldmine.com/breakd...akdonut11.html

shagger

there is this thing in the receipt thats called granulated sugar what is
that i am from europe so i dont understand thank u
"shagger" > wrote in message
> thank u
> i will try it tonight but it looks like my own receipe
> "LAllin" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> > On 15-Feb-2004, "shagger" > wrote:
> >
> > > i try to make donuts now for a few weeks but i am not able to make

them
> > > rise.
> > > i mean i want verry airy and big donuts like the krispy creames.
> > > on the internet it seems like people have a big secret to make them

airy
> > > and
> > > to make them rise well.
> > > whats the big secret here??

> > Try the fake Krispy Kreme recipe at:
> > http://www.recipegoldmine.com/breakd...akdonut11.html

Brian Macke

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:23:34 +0100, shagger wrote:

> there is this thing in the receipt thats called granulated sugar
> what is that i am from europe so i dont understand thank u

White or table sugar, depending where you are in Europe.

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which

shagger

ok thanks alot now last obstakel is this 1/3 cup shortening
whats this ???
"Brian Macke" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 18:23:34 +0100, shagger wrote:
>
> > there is this thing in the receipt thats called granulated sugar
> > what is that i am from europe so i dont understand thank u

> White or table sugar, depending where you are in Europe.
>
> --
> -Brian James Macke
> "In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that
which
> builds it." -- Unknown

LAllin

On 15-Feb-2004, "shagger" > wrote:

> there is this thing in the receipt thats called granulated sugar what
> is
> that i am from europe so i dont understand thank u
> "shagger" > wrote in message

table sugar, which would be medium sugar crystals, not powder-like

x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

LAllin

On 15-Feb-2004, "shagger" > wrote:

> ok thanks alot now last obstakel is this 1/3 cup shortening
> whats this ???

Vegetable based equivalent of lard, a solid fat (usually snow white in
color, in the US)
Paul

The secret? A device that provides a warm, high-humidity chamber called a
proofing box. And don't forget lots of dough conditioners and ascorbic acid,
too.

"shagger" > wrote in message
> i try to make donuts now for a few weeks but i am not able to make them
> rise.
> i mean i want verry airy and big donuts like the krispy creames.
> on the internet it seems like people have a big secret to make them airy

and
> to make them rise well.
> whats the big secret here??

Brian Macke

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:57:12 +0100, shagger wrote:

> ok thanks alot now last obstakel is this 1/3 cup shortening whats
> this ???

It's a solid vegetable fat, typically made solid through hydrogenation.
Sadly from what I know about doughnut production, it's really hard to use
a substitute in your recipe. Lard may be your best bet, but see if your
grocer can help you. I'd suggest asking for solid vegetable fat or
hydrolized vegetable fat. See if your grocer recognizes the American name
"Crisco" since that's the most likely exposure he or she might have to it.

As an aside - sind Sie Oesterreicher?

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which
builds it." -- Unknown

Roy Basan

"Paul" > wrote in message .com>...
> The secret? A device that provides a warm, high-humidity chamber called a
> proofing box. And don't forget lots of dough conditioners and ascorbic acid,
> too.

I partly disagree with that....
Indeed most donuts are put in the proofing box but the humidity
conditions are not the same as you did with normal bread.
If the cut doughnuts are placed in the normal proofer( with lots of
steam) it is taken when it has rised 2/3-3/4 of the desired proofing
time to let the crust dry or it will result in blister and other
defects later.
In addition a lot of the good donut mixes have conditioners but only a
few specialized recipes carry ascorbic acid. AS that make the yeast
raised doughnut chewy eating.
I have formulated institutional doughnut mixes that contain no
ascorbic acid, but aside from the basic ingredients we add, soya
flour, potato flour and some emulsifiers.

Roy

NSA with your donuts? Mayo General Cooking 1 21-09-2014 02:45 PM
Stolen donuts Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 9 16-01-2008 04:39 AM
Donuts Adam Funk General Cooking 0 13-04-2006 06:35 PM
Donuts Pat Fish1 General Cooking 3 21-04-2004 04:46 AM
Donuts Ognir Baking 2 23-02-2004 04:06 AM