Erin

Default Pizza Crust Question??

Is there a pizza crust recipe that uses, Crisco and evaporated milk. I
have made it before but I have lost the recipe.

Thanks
Fred

Although I much prefer olive oil in pizza dough to shortening, you can take
about any pizza dough recipe and substitute some or all of the water with
evaporated milk and the shortening for the olive oil. If it isn't hydrated
quite right (you may need to add a wee bit of water,) just make notes of
what you had to do to get the right hydration. Then you should be able to
reproduce it every time. Most cooking isn't really such a matter of recipes
and formulas as it is ratios and understanding of the process. Good
cooking.

Fred
Foodie Forums
http://www.foodieforums.com

Vox Humana

"Fred" > wrote in message
> Although I much prefer olive oil in pizza dough to shortening, you can

take
> about any pizza dough recipe and substitute some or all of the water with
> evaporated milk and the shortening for the olive oil. If it isn't

hydrated
> quite right (you may need to add a wee bit of water,) just make notes of
> what you had to do to get the right hydration. Then you should be able to
> reproduce it every time. Most cooking isn't really such a matter of

recipes
> and formulas as it is ratios and understanding of the process. Good
> cooking.

You are assuming that the OP had a yeast raised dough in mind. Without more
information, it is very hard to respond to the question. While not
traditional, there are "pastry crust" pizzas that are more like a biscuit
than bread dough. I would like to know what else went into the dough, if it
contained yeast, and what the technique was like.

Vox Humana