striker

Default Recipe site

Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
up
it ends up being a front for advertising.

Thanks

Strike

Vox Humana

"striker" > wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.

Most sites are funded by advertisers. Of course there are some sites with
recipes hosted by manufacturers or trade organizations promoting their
products. I like www.epicurious.com and www.allrecipes.com - but they do
have ads. For a non-commercial site, you might look at
http://www.recipesource.com/

Vox Humana

"striker" > wrote in message
> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.

Most sites are funded by advertisers. Of course there are some sites with
recipes hosted by manufacturers or trade organizations promoting their
products. I like www.epicurious.com and www.allrecipes.com - but they do
have ads. For a non-commercial site, you might look at
http://www.recipesource.com/

Petra Hildebrandt

Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:35:52 -0400 schrieb striker:

> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.

you might want to try www.vivisimo.com as search engine ;>

For usenet posts regarding bread, try
http://breadnet.net

A terrific recipe collection is http://fooddownunder.com

allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are quite nice, so is fabulousfoods.com -
I agree with Vox Homana on epicurious.com and recipesource.com (which used
to be SOAR, the searchable online archive of recipes). Another terrific
place is http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ - and then there is, of course,
www.kingarthurflour.com

With the google groups search you can search newsgroups, such as
re.food.baking or alt.bread.recipes for ideas.

HTH,

Petra
Petra Hildebrandt

Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:35:52 -0400 schrieb striker:

> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.

you might want to try www.vivisimo.com as search engine ;>

For usenet posts regarding bread, try
http://breadnet.net

A terrific recipe collection is http://fooddownunder.com

allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are quite nice, so is fabulousfoods.com -
I agree with Vox Homana on epicurious.com and recipesource.com (which used
to be SOAR, the searchable online archive of recipes). Another terrific
place is http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ - and then there is, of course,
www.kingarthurflour.com

With the google groups search you can search newsgroups, such as
re.food.baking or alt.bread.recipes for ideas.

HTH,

Petra

Petra Hildebrandt

Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:35:52 -0400 schrieb striker:

> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.

you might want to try www.vivisimo.com as search engine ;>

For usenet posts regarding bread, try
http://breadnet.net

A terrific recipe collection is http://fooddownunder.com

allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are quite nice, so is fabulousfoods.com -
I agree with Vox Homana on epicurious.com and recipesource.com (which used
to be SOAR, the searchable online archive of recipes). Another terrific
place is http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ - and then there is, of course,
www.kingarthurflour.com

With the google groups search you can search newsgroups, such as
re.food.baking or alt.bread.recipes for ideas.

HTH,

Petra
lindacurley63

You can also go to www.hersheys.com , www.nestle.com or any brand name of
baking goods and sometimes they have recipes using their products.
www.bettycrocker.com
I have frequently used www.allrecipes.com too!

"Petra Hildebrandt" > wrote in message
> Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:35:52 -0400 schrieb striker:
>
> > Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> > baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> > up
> > it ends up being a front for advertising.

> you might want to try www.vivisimo.com as search engine ;>
>
> For usenet posts regarding bread, try
> http://breadnet.net
>
> A terrific recipe collection is http://fooddownunder.com
>
> allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are quite nice, so is

fabulousfoods.com -
> I agree with Vox Homana on epicurious.com and recipesource.com (which used
> to be SOAR, the searchable online archive of recipes). Another terrific
> place is http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ - and then there is, of

course,
> www.kingarthurflour.com
>
> With the google groups search you can search newsgroups, such as
> re.food.baking or alt.bread.recipes for ideas.
>
> HTH,
>
> Petra

lindacurley63

You can also go to www.hersheys.com , www.nestle.com or any brand name of
baking goods and sometimes they have recipes using their products.
www.bettycrocker.com
I have frequently used www.allrecipes.com too!

"Petra Hildebrandt" > wrote in message
> Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:35:52 -0400 schrieb striker:
>
> > Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> > baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> > up
> > it ends up being a front for advertising.

> you might want to try www.vivisimo.com as search engine ;>
>
> For usenet posts regarding bread, try
> http://breadnet.net
>
> A terrific recipe collection is http://fooddownunder.com
>
> allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are quite nice, so is

fabulousfoods.com -
> I agree with Vox Homana on epicurious.com and recipesource.com (which used
> to be SOAR, the searchable online archive of recipes). Another terrific
> place is http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ - and then there is, of

course,
> www.kingarthurflour.com
>
> With the google groups search you can search newsgroups, such as
> re.food.baking or alt.bread.recipes for ideas.
>
> HTH,
>
> Petra

lindacurley63

You can also go to www.hersheys.com , www.nestle.com or any brand name of
baking goods and sometimes they have recipes using their products.
www.bettycrocker.com
I have frequently used www.allrecipes.com too!

"Petra Hildebrandt" > wrote in message
> Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 10:35:52 -0400 schrieb striker:
>
> > Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> > baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> > up
> > it ends up being a front for advertising.

> you might want to try www.vivisimo.com as search engine ;>
>
> For usenet posts regarding bread, try
> http://breadnet.net
>
> A terrific recipe collection is http://fooddownunder.com
>
> allrecipes.com and recipezaar.com are quite nice, so is

fabulousfoods.com -
> I agree with Vox Homana on epicurious.com and recipesource.com (which used
> to be SOAR, the searchable online archive of recipes). Another terrific
> place is http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ - and then there is, of

course,
> www.kingarthurflour.com
>
> With the google groups search you can search newsgroups, such as
> re.food.baking or alt.bread.recipes for ideas.
>
> HTH,
>
> Petra

Anna Ault

striker > wrote in message >...
> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.
>
> Thanks
>
> Strike

http://www.recipesource.com/

Great site.

Anna

Anna Ault

striker > wrote in message >...
> Can anyone point me to a GOOD, FREE site for
> baking(cookies, cakes, pies) recipes? Every time I try to Google one
> up
> it ends up being a front for advertising.
>
> Thanks
>
> Strike

http://www.recipesource.com/

Great site.

Anna

ISO recipe site biig General Cooking 10 20-03-2009 10:57 PM
New Recipe Site [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-02-2008 02:49 AM
New Recipe Site MyFamilyKitchen Recipes 0 08-01-2007 01:13 AM
New Recipe Site! G MONTE Recipes 2 13-12-2004 07:27 AM
New Recipe Site!! G MONTE General Cooking 4 13-12-2004 06:19 AM