Deborah

Default Honey Jumbles

I have searched everywhere for a recipe and was wondering if anyone
had a recipe they could post
Years ago there was a recipe in the Aust womens weekly... I have made
several times but I have lost it and can't remember the ingredients
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks Deborah
Ace

> I have searched everywhere for a recipe and was wondering if anyone
> had a recipe they could post
> Years ago there was a recipe in the Aust womens weekly... I have made
> several times but I have lost it and can't remember the ingredients
> Any help would be appreciated
> Thanks Deborah

Would this be it?

From: Sarah Usher
Subject: Honey Jumbles
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:02:00 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Honey Jumbles

25 g butter
3 tablespoons honey
125g Self raising flour
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup icing sugar
a little water
food colouring

Line a microwave safe baking tray or plate with baking paper. Combine
butter and honey in a heatproof bowl and cook on high power for 45
seconds. Add flour, ginger and cinnamon and mix into a firm dough. Roll
out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until dough is 1 cm thick. Using a
sharp knife cut into oval shapes from the dough until all the mixture is
used. Place 6 biscuits at a time around the outside of a baking tray and
cook on high power for 1-2 minutes or until biscuits are set. Stand for
5 minutes then cook the next batch.
Combine icing sugar with enough water to make a smooth icing. Stir in a
few drops of food colouring. Dip biscuits and stand to set.
Deborah

Ace > wrote in message >...
> > I have searched everywhere for a recipe and was wondering if anyone
> > had a recipe they could post
> > Years ago there was a recipe in the Aust womens weekly... I have made
> > several times but I have lost it and can't remember the ingredients
> > Any help would be appreciated
> > Thanks Deborah

> Would this be it?
>
> From: Sarah Usher
> Subject: Honey Jumbles
> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:02:00 GMT
> Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes
>
> Honey Jumbles
>
> 25 g butter
> 3 tablespoons honey
> 125g Self raising flour
> 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
> 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
> 1 cup icing sugar
> a little water
> food colouring
>
> Line a microwave safe baking tray or plate with baking paper. Combine
> butter and honey in a heatproof bowl and cook on high power for 45
> seconds. Add flour, ginger and cinnamon and mix into a firm dough. Roll
> out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until dough is 1 cm thick. Using a
> sharp knife cut into oval shapes from the dough until all the mixture is
> used. Place 6 biscuits at a time around the outside of a baking tray and
> cook on high power for 1-2 minutes or until biscuits are set. Stand for
> 5 minutes then cook the next batch.
> Combine icing sugar with enough water to make a smooth icing. Stir in a
> few drops of food colouring. Dip biscuits and stand to set.

The recipe that I had was Baked in the oven, I will give this one a try though
Thank you
Deborah