Michelle

Default Chef Tell Kitchen; celeb kitchen designer?

I was wondering if anyone out there in the has ever heard of the
celebrity kitchen designer Stephen Rabinowitz?? I want to find out if
it is just a fluke that my mother-in-law knew of him correctly as the
designer of Chef Tell's kitchen that was on TV. He evidently designed
one of Frank Sinatra's kitchens too. I was looking on eBay for
something to give my husband who is a chef and wants to get our home
kitchen redone and it seems like it would be great to have a design
from him. My husband always talks about how kitchens are poorly
designed and how you can't just have Home Depot design your kitchen on
a computer videogame and expect to get a well thought-out design....

I am skeptical to bid because I want this to be a perfect gift.
Although at $300 for hand-drafted design, it seems like I should jump
on it.

This designer evidently gives speeches all over the world about "ill
conceived kitchen designs." It looks like
he will design one person's kitchen in a while as he is in his 60s now
(he studied Frank Lloyd Wright and Aero Saarinan in the 1950s and
onward at Yale I think) and has attained a level of success.

I like how my husband not only would be working with him continually
until he is satisfied with the design but we will use this expensive
gift for a long time, probably many years until we move.

Any thoughts??