Alan

Default how to melt chocolate wif microwave

I'd like to know what is the setting(mid,mid high or high and time)to melt chocolate wif microwave.
thanks
alan

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Fri, 28
Nov 2003 19:20:43 +0800, during the rec.food.baking Community News
Flash "Alan" > reported:

>I'd like to know what is the setting(mid,mid high or high and time)to melt chocolate wif microwave.
>thanks
>alan

I ususally use the highest power level (mine is 1000w) and put it on
for 90 seconds.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
< davida at jdc dot org dot il >
jen

I usually heat it the same way but half way through, take it out and stir it
and put back in.

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in message
> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Fri, 28
> Nov 2003 19:20:43 +0800, during the rec.food.baking Community News
> Flash "Alan" > reported:
>
> >I'd like to know what is the setting(mid,mid high or high and time)to

melt chocolate wif microwave.
> >thanks
> >alan

> I ususally use the highest power level (mine is 1000w) and put it on
> for 90 seconds.
>

> --
> Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
> < davida at jdc dot org dot il >
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
> chocolate."
> --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
> ~*~*~*~*~*~
> Links to my published poetry - http://davidachazan.homestead.com/
> ~*~*~*~*~*~

Alan

what happened to me was the bottom part of the chocolate got burn
and the microwave proof bowl was deformed at the bottom,is this a common
sign when melt chocolate with microwave?

"jen" > wrote in message
.. .
> I usually heat it the same way but half way through, take it out and stir

it
> and put back in.
>
> "Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" > wrote in message
> > (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Fri, 28
> > Nov 2003 19:20:43 +0800, during the rec.food.baking Community News
> > Flash "Alan" > reported:
> >
> > >I'd like to know what is the setting(mid,mid high or high and time)to

> melt chocolate wif microwave.
> > >thanks
> > >alan

> > I ususally use the highest power level (mine is 1000w) and put it on
> > for 90 seconds.
> >

> > --
> > Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
> > < davida at jdc dot org dot il >
> > ~*~*~*~*~*~
> > "What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
> > chocolate."
> > --Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
> > ~*~*~*~*~*~
> > Links to my published poetry - http://davidachazan.homestead.com/
> > ~*~*~*~*~*~

Pennyaline

"Alan" wrote:
> what happened to me was the bottom part of the chocolate got burn
> and the microwave proof bowl was deformed at the bottom,is this a common
> sign when melt chocolate with microwave?

Use a Pyrex bowl or measuring cup.

Roy Basan

"Alan" > wrote in message >...
> what happened to me was the bottom part of the chocolate got burn
> and the microwave proof bowl was deformed at the bottom,is this a common
> sign when melt chocolate with microwave?

Microwave oven are not thesame ,,,
I had the same experience melting chocolate to make decorative
chocolate caskets.,
In one microwave the plastic container and the chocolate got burned in
just a matter of several seconds. In another unit the chocolate melt
nicely.
I suggest that you try it in medium to medium high and stri it every
20 seconds to distribute the melted and unmelted portions.

Do not wait the chocolate to be completely melted. If you say some
pieces floating on the liquid chocolate remove it and continue
stirring so that the remaining small pieces will melt.
But for me a fool p roof melting , the double boiler will do
nicely.Just ensure that no moisture condensation occur in your melted
chocolate.
Or you can improvise with a sauce pan and metal bowl. heat the water
in the pan and before it starts to boli shut the heat and dip the
stainless tell bowl with chopped chocolate pieces and stir until a
large part of it melts
If more than half of the bulk has melted remove the bowl from the
water and stir it outside the heating medium to obtain homogeneity.(
and prevent overheating).
You can return the bowl to the pan carefully repeat the process but
do not try to overheat the chocolate.
Your main purpose of is to obtain a uniform fluid mass no more no
less...
and the highest temperature is 45 degrees C.Other use 50 degrees C but
for me its too much and anything can go wrong if you are not careful.
In some chocolate the flavor seems to change, if melted at that
temperature.
Overheating the chocolate is the last thing that you will ever do as
you will destroy it and produce a burnt smell.
The best way to melt the chocolate is by slow heat but the main
problem is the time needed to get the job done is longer.
Roy
Reg

Roy Basan wrote:

> I had the same experience melting chocolate to make decorative
> chocolate caskets.,

Sounds festive!

<wink>

Roy Basan

Reg > wrote in message om>...
> Roy Basan wrote:
>
> > I had the same experience melting chocolate to make decorative
> > chocolate caskets.,

> Sounds festive!
>
> <wink>

Not really...., but I need to make it to carry the gianduja , praline
and truffle filled milk chocolate coated candies( I made previously)
to be given as gifts especially during the festive season.
And cases are easy to make as long as there are plastic moulds
aviailable for such purpose. It is not difficult to make the caskets
either.....
You only need to melt the chocolate properly without losing its temper
and pour it evenly on the molds while ensuring that they have a
coating of even thickness then turn it upside down when it starts to
set to drain the excess chocolate and cool it for proper set and
hardening.Then you remove the cases carefully from the mold and that
is it.
But if I make in some numbers i really have to temper more melted
chocolate by seeding with tempered chocolate, or the more laborious
way, the tablering process ; spreading and scaping melted chocolate
contnuously with palette knife and paint scraper on a wide marble
or granite slab and then mixing it with the rest of the melted
chocolate. left in the big bowl.
By doing that I am ensuring that i have the chocolates in the desired
crystalline state for the good qualiity characteristics, such as
rapid setting, uniform appearance,;gloss and snap when done.
Roy..

What chocolate to melt? JimL Baking 13 19-04-2007 02:42 PM
What gets hot enough to melt plastic in the microwave? [email protected] General Cooking 8 20-02-2005 06:35 PM
chocolate cake with melt chocolate inside michelle Baking 10 23-10-2004 06:34 AM
Microwave: Microwave Chocolate Turtle Cheese Cake Recipe Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-02-2004 12:22 AM