Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Recipe for bread improver?

My local supermarket in Australia has quit stocking Lowan's Bread
Improver.
Does anyone have a good recipe for a home-made one? I've heard about
adding a crushed Vitamin C tablet, but any other ingredients? I
customarily bake using hard Baker's Flour in 4-cup quantities, which
makes two generously-sized baguette-style loaves.
Anthony
Posted to rec.food.baking

I'm in Sydney and have found bread improver difficult to find - some
supermarkets have it and some don't. We recently replaced our bread machine
with a Kenwood one and interestingly the recipes in the booklet that came
with it don't include bread improver. Not adding it doesn't seem to have
made any difference to the taste!

I know that doesn't answer your question but I thought I'd throw in my 2
cents worth.

"anthony" > wrote in message
> My local supermarket in Australia has quit stocking Lowan's Bread
> Improver.
> Does anyone have a good recipe for a home-made one? I've heard about
> adding a crushed Vitamin C tablet, but any other ingredients? I
> customarily bake using hard Baker's Flour in 4-cup quantities, which
> makes two generously-sized baguette-style loaves.
> Anthony

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Jan 16, 5:38*pm, "Viviane" > wrote:
> I'm in Sydney and have found bread improver difficult to find - some
> supermarkets have it and some don't. *We recently replaced our bread machine
> with a Kenwood one and interestingly the recipes in the booklet that came
> with it don't include bread improver. *Not adding it doesn't seem to have
> made any difference to the taste!
>
> I know that doesn't answer your question but I thought I'd throw in my 2
> cents worth.

I moved from Sydney (paddington and Rushcutters Bay) to the Blue
Mountains (Blackheath) just five years ago. Love it here!
I've found that baguettes I bake with or without bread improver are
quite different -- without isn't as aerated and light. I'll try just
crushing a Vitamin C tablet if I can't find anything else.....
Cheers

Bread Recipe? Homer HawgSnott Diabetic 12 06-12-2007 09:04 PM
Help with a bread recipe Perpetual Student Recipes 1 20-05-2007 11:04 PM
need quick bread recipe - apple cinnamon bread Jude General Cooking 0 11-12-2005 04:09 PM
Chembakes dough improver s Sourdough 0 16-11-2005 09:56 PM
bread recipe to bread maker Chris Baking 3 11-09-2005 06:03 PM