Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Bread Recipe?

Does anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread? I have an electric
bread maker but no recipes for bread that I can eat.

Thanks,
JohnS

Old 04-12-2007, 08:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 04 Dec 2007 04:27:04 GMT, Homer HawgSnott
wrote:

Does anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread? I have an electric
bread maker but no recipes for bread that I can eat.

There's lots around. Does that email addy work? Here's something to be
getting on with.

Nicky.

Myra’s Bread Machine Bread

If you don't mind the soy flour, here's the list of ingredient to add
to the bread machine:

3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon butter or oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup soy flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1 teaspoon sugar (needed for the yeast)
2 teaspoons or 1 package rapid rise yeast

White cycle, regular crust, small loaf (but use the extender, if you
have one, because this really rises well).

(Nicky's note; it works well with buckwheat instead of the soy)
Old 04-12-2007, 03:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:
[...]

*Anything* works better than soy flour! I no longer use it - nasty,
nasty stuff.

Myra
Old 05-12-2007, 02:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

How about low carb flour, such as http://www.netrition.com/tova_carbalose_page.html
?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:02 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 5, 6:56 am, Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
wrote:
On Dec 4, 8:39 am, Myra wrote:

*Anything* works better than soy flour! I no longer use it - nasty,
nasty stuff.

How about low carb flour, such ashttp://www.netrition.com/tova_carbalose_page.html
?

Well, for myself , I no longer use any grains. If you like it,
though, I wouldn't say to not use it.

I'm not crazy about the labeling, which gives the total package in
pounds, but servings in grams, which can confuse a lot of people. So,
let's see how it comes out.

Looking at the label, there are 19 grams of carbs per 100 grams, so
it's 19% carbs. A cup of flour is about 120 grams (see
www.gourmetsleuth.com/gram_calc.htm), so, at 19% carbs, a cup of
Carbalose has about 23 grams of carbs. If you're making a regular
loaf of bread in a machine, that's about 3 cups of flour for 12
servings, which comes out to 5.75 carbs per serving - not including
any other ingredients. It's certainly something a person could work
into a low carb program, as long as grains don't pose a problem.

Myra

Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:
On Dec 4, 8:39 am, Myra wrote:

*Anything* works better than soy flour! I no longer use it -

nasty,
nasty stuff.

How about low carb flour, such

ashttp://www.netrition.com/tova_carbalose_page.html
?

Well, for myself , I no longer use any grains. If you like it,
though, I wouldn't say to not use it.

I'm not crazy about the labeling, which gives the total package in
pounds, but servings in grams, which can confuse a lot of people.

So,
let's see how it comes out.

It was confusing to me.

Cheri

Old 05-12-2007, 08:27 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:
On Dec 4, 8:39 am, Myra wrote:

[...]

We use Nature's Own Light Wheat bread. 2 slices have a net of 14 g
carbohydrate (19 grams less 5 grams of fiber) The taste is acceptable
and it toasts well. I have often used the ends for fresh bread crumbs, too.

www.naturesownbread.com

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Homer HawgSnott wrote in
.130:

Does anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread? I have an
electric bread maker but no recipes for bread that I can eat.

Thanks,
JohnS

Thanks for all the tips. What a bitch getting diagnosed with type II just
before the holidays! Better than a lot of stuff a guy could get
though..;-]

JohnS
Old 06-12-2007, 12:46 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Homer wrote in message ...

Thanks for all the tips. What a bitch getting diagnosed with type II

just
before the holidays! Better than a lot of stuff a guy could get
though..;-]

JohnS

True, but look at it this way, by next year at this time, it'll be
second nature to you, and you'll be whipping out those diabetic
friendly recipes like an old pro. :-) Happy Holidays.

Cheri

Cheri

Old 06-12-2007, 03:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 5, 12:07 pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:

It was confusing to me.

Sorry it was confusing!

Myra

Old 06-12-2007, 10:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote in message ...
On Dec 5, 12:07 pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:

It was confusing to me.

Sorry it was confusing!

Myra

No, Myra, not what you said was not at all confusing to me..what was
confusing to me was the carbolose or carb quik nutritional information
in grams, and pounds. All I ever wanted to know was what was the carb
count of 1/4 cup. :-)

Cheri

Old 06-12-2007, 08:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Dec 6, 2:10 am, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
Myra wrote in message ...
On Dec 5, 12:07 pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:

It was confusing to me.

Sorry it was confusing!

Myra

No, Myra, not what you said was not at all confusing to me..what was
confusing to me was the carbolose or carb quik nutritional information
in grams, and pounds. All I ever wanted to know was what was the carb
count of 1/4 cup. :-)

Cheri

Ah - all is clear now! And it's 5.75 carbs in 1/4 cup.

Myra

Bread Recipe Janet B General Cooking 16 20-10-2016 01:14 PM
Help with a bread recipe Perpetual Student Recipes 1 20-05-2007 11:04 PM
bread recipe Golden General Cooking 6 30-12-2006 02:13 AM
need quick bread recipe - apple cinnamon bread Jude General Cooking 0 11-12-2005 04:09 PM
bread recipe to bread maker Chris Baking 3 11-09-2005 06:03 PM