Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Bran muffins

Hi, new here. Can anyone help me with changing a bran muffin recipe
with raisins to include shredded carrots. I would like to have them
taste like carrot cake, but can't find a recipe to make them. Ate
them somewhere once upon a moon. So do you think I can decrease the
oil by half and add shredded carrots and nuts? Or do I just leave it
the same and add the carrots? Please help!!!! Barb

Posted to rec.food.baking

How about a "Morning Glory" Muffin recipe?

2 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. diced, peeled apple
1/2 c. raisins, soaked in hot water
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/3 c. flour
1/2 c. All Bran cereal
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine carrots through coconut and set aside. Beat sugars, butter, eggs and
vanilla. Add carrot mixture and mix well. Combine dry ingredients in another
bowl. Add sugar mixture and combine until flour is moistened. Bake at 350
degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Yields: 12.

"barb" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, new here. Can anyone help me with changing a bran muffin recipe
> with raisins to include shredded carrots. I would like to have them
> taste like carrot cake, but can't find a recipe to make them. Ate
> them somewhere once upon a moon. So do you think I can decrease the
> oil by half and add shredded carrots and nuts? Or do I just leave it
> the same and add the carrots? Please help!!!! Barb

Posted to rec.food.baking

On May 21, 4:44 pm, "Rina" > wrote:
> How about a "Morning Glory" Muffin recipe?
>
> 2 c. grated carrots
> 1/2 c. diced, peeled apple
> 1/2 c. raisins, soaked in hot water
> 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
> 1/2 c. flaked coconut
> 1 c. sugar
> 1/4 c. brown sugar
> 1/2 c. softened butter
> 2 eggs
> 2 tsp. vanilla
> 1 1/3 c. flour
> 1/2 c. All Bran cereal
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 1 tsp. cinnamon
> 1/2 tsp. salt
>
> Combine carrots through coconut and set aside. Beat sugars, butter, eggs and
> vanilla. Add carrot mixture and mix well. Combine dry ingredients in another
> bowl. Add sugar mixture and combine until flour is moistened. Bake at 350
> degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Yields: 12.
>
> "barb" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>

> > Hi, new here. Can anyone help me with changing a bran muffin recipe
> > with raisins to include shredded carrots. I would like to have them
> > taste like carrot cake, but can't find a recipe to make them. Ate
> > them somewhere once upon a moon. So do you think I can decrease the
> > oil by half and add shredded carrots and nuts? Or do I just leave it
> > the same and add the carrots? Please help!!!! Barb- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the recipe....I'll give it a try. I did combine a couple
of recipes, one for carrot cake and the other for bran muffins and
they did turn out pretty good. Only problem I have enough batter for
6 dozen muffins. There are only 3 of us in the family which leads to
us eating bran muffins for a long time....probably will never want
another bran muffin in our life after getting all of these
ate....Thanks again...they sound good. Barb

Posted to rec.food.baking

at least everyone will be regular!!!!

"barb" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 21, 4:44 pm, "Rina" > wrote:
>> How about a "Morning Glory" Muffin recipe?
>>
>> 2 c. grated carrots
>> 1/2 c. diced, peeled apple
>> 1/2 c. raisins, soaked in hot water
>> 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
>> 1/2 c. flaked coconut
>> 1 c. sugar
>> 1/4 c. brown sugar
>> 1/2 c. softened butter
>> 2 eggs
>> 2 tsp. vanilla
>> 1 1/3 c. flour
>> 1/2 c. All Bran cereal
>> 2 tsp. baking powder
>> 1 tsp. cinnamon
>> 1/2 tsp. salt
>>
>> Combine carrots through coconut and set aside. Beat sugars, butter, eggs
>> and
>> vanilla. Add carrot mixture and mix well. Combine dry ingredients in
>> another
>> bowl. Add sugar mixture and combine until flour is moistened. Bake at 350
>> degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Yields: 12.
>>
>> "barb" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com...
>>

>> > Hi, new here. Can anyone help me with changing a bran muffin recipe
>> > with raisins to include shredded carrots. I would like to have them
>> > taste like carrot cake, but can't find a recipe to make them. Ate
>> > them somewhere once upon a moon. So do you think I can decrease the
>> > oil by half and add shredded carrots and nuts? Or do I just leave it
>> > the same and add the carrots? Please help!!!! Barb- Hide quoted text -

> Thanks for the recipe....I'll give it a try. I did combine a couple
> of recipes, one for carrot cake and the other for bran muffins and
> they did turn out pretty good. Only problem I have enough batter for
> 6 dozen muffins. There are only 3 of us in the family which leads to
> us eating bran muffins for a long time....probably will never want
> another bran muffin in our life after getting all of these
> ate....Thanks again...they sound good. Barb

Posted to rec.food.baking

On May 24, 6:30 pm, "SantaSteeler" > wrote:
> at least everyone will be regular!!!!
>
> "barb" > wrote in message
>
> ups.com...
>

> > On May 21, 4:44 pm, "Rina" > wrote:
> >> How about a "Morning Glory" Muffin recipe?

> >> 2 c. grated carrots
> >> 1/2 c. diced, peeled apple
> >> 1/2 c. raisins, soaked in hot water
> >> 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
> >> 1/2 c. flaked coconut
> >> 1 c. sugar
> >> 1/4 c. brown sugar
> >> 1/2 c. softened butter
> >> 2 eggs
> >> 2 tsp. vanilla
> >> 1 1/3 c. flour
> >> 1/2 c. All Bran cereal
> >> 2 tsp. baking powder
> >> 1 tsp. cinnamon
> >> 1/2 tsp. salt

> >> Combine carrots through coconut and set aside. Beat sugars, butter, eggs
> >> and
> >> vanilla. Add carrot mixture and mix well. Combine dry ingredients in
> >> another
> >> bowl. Add sugar mixture and combine until flour is moistened. Bake at 350
> >> degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Yields: 12.

> >> "barb" > wrote in message

> groups.com...

> > Thanks for the recipe....I'll give it a try. I did combine a couple
> > of recipes, one for carrot cake and the other for bran muffins and
> > they did turn out pretty good. Only problem I have enough batter for
> > 6 dozen muffins. There are only 3 of us in the family which leads to
> > us eating bran muffins for a long time....probably will never want
> > another bran muffin in our life after getting all of these
> > ate....Thanks again...they sound good. Barb- Hide quoted text -

AMEN

Banana Bran Muffins [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 15-04-2009 01:47 AM
REC: Pumpkin Bran Muffins Wayne Boatwright[_5_] General Cooking 6 18-10-2008 09:03 PM
Bran Muffins Dimitri General Cooking 2 05-10-2008 01:45 AM
Bran Muffins [email protected] General Cooking 5 17-02-2006 06:37 PM
Apple Bran Muffins Duckie ® Recipes 0 15-11-2005 02:29 AM