Posted to rec.food.baking

Default adding sugar to muffin recipe

my bf made a batch of corn muffins that oozed over the sides, made one
huge muffin essentially, and took a good extra seven minutes to bake.
I think he added extra sugar, would that have caused that? It's a
cooks illustrated recipe that I've made before and never had a problem
with.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Apr 10, 3:36 pm, "Marge" > wrote:
> my bf made a batch of corn muffins that oozed over the sides, made one
> huge muffin essentially, and took a good extra seven minutes to bake.
> I think he added extra sugar, would that have caused that? It's a
> cooks illustrated recipe that I've made before and never had a problem
> with.

Maybe some of the ingredients were stale or expired.

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Apr 11, 3:36 am, "Marge" > wrote:
> my bf made a batch of corn muffins that oozed over the sides, made one
> huge muffin essentially, and took a good extra seven minutes to bake.
> I think he added extra sugar, would that have caused that? It's a
> cooks illustrated recipe that I've made before and never had a problem
> with.

excess sugar will lower the muffin batter viscosity making it prone to
such fault you mentioned

Fortified white port and adding sugar [email protected] Winemaking 3 13-11-2008 04:23 PM
Adding Sugar During Primary Fermentation fish head Winemaking 1 06-09-2006 02:25 AM
Adding sugar?? JM Winemaking 2 01-09-2004 12:57 AM
adding sugar JM Winemaking 4 31-08-2004 09:55 PM
Calculation for adding sugar? David C Breeden Winemaking 16 14-07-2004 07:57 PM