Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Baking seceret messges into cakes

I was looking to put together a cake with various secret messages,
perhaps on paper or otherwise, baked into the cake. I can image an
unsuspecting eater, finding a good looking cake, cutting off a piece,
and while taking a hardy bite discovering that he has half a piece of
paper in his mouth. I thought this would be fun, but I'm not sure the
best way to go about it without causing the cake to be uneatable.

For myself I was working with a blaspheming store bought box of
chocolate cake mix. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Andrew Bettilyon

Posted to rec.food.baking

Let me clarify a little. I don't think the message itself has to be
edible. But, I do think the rice paper idea is good. But between the
rice paper and the "tree" paper I have the same question, will the
baking process ruin it? I was thinking of using a plastic bag.
However, melted plastic doesn't sound good to eat.
My other idea was to just put the message on the top of the cake and
frost over it.

Posted to rec.food.baking

Andrew Bettilyon wrote:
> Let me clarify a little. I don't think the message itself has to be
> edible. But, I do think the rice paper idea is good. But between the
> rice paper and the "tree" paper I have the same question, will the
> baking process ruin it? I was thinking of using a plastic bag.
> However, melted plastic doesn't sound good to eat.
> My other idea was to just put the message on the top of the cake and
> frost over it.

I believe at health food stores, they sell unfilled capsules- you could
put your message into one of those, and poke it into baked cake, then
frost. No one will ever know. Maybe a dumb idea?

Posted to rec.food.baking

> > My other idea was to just put the message on the top of the cake and
> > frost over it.I believe at health food stores, they sell unfilled capsules- you could

> put your message into one of those, and poke it into baked cake, then
> frost. No one will ever know. Maybe a dumb idea?

I think that is a very good idea.