Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Panasonic YD150 bread machine

Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
pressed the red start/stop button?

I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.

HELP!!
I await your counsel.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
Posted to rec.food.baking

It's probably in a preheat cycle. Not all machines have the pre heat. Some
machines are programmable allowing the user to turn this off.
By now, you've probably figured this out and your bread is baking...

Rina

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.

Posted to rec.food.baking

OOPS almost forgot,

Here's link for Panasonic manuals note: it takes a while to load the list of
manuals, but the wait is worth it... manuals for lots of panasonic products
are here, (not just Bread machines)
http://support.panasonic.co.nz/

Rina

"Rina" > wrote in message
. ..
> It's probably in a preheat cycle. Not all machines have the pre heat. Some
> machines are programmable allowing the user to turn this off.
> By now, you've probably figured this out and your bread is baking...

Posted to rec.food.baking

Hello, I do bread machines and have for a loooooong time (plus artisan).
Just finished a pizza dough taken out of the bread machine -- Yeah, I'm
experienced.
Here's an answer that's probably likely to insult, and it's sorta like --
did you plug in the machine -- but, wait, that's not it.

Push Start, THEN select your selection, "Basic, Wheat, Dough, French, or
whatever."

If this is not the problem -- then there IS a problem.
Dee

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> Hello, I do bread machines and have for a loooooong time (plus artisan).
> Just finished a pizza dough taken out of the bread machine -- Yeah, I'm
> experienced.
> Here's an answer that's probably likely to insult, and it's sorta like --
> did you plug in the machine -- but, wait, that's not it.
>
> Push Start, THEN select your selection, "Basic, Wheat, Dough, French, or
> whatever."
>
> If this is not the problem -- then there IS a problem.
> Dee
>

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
> > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> > pressed the red start/stop button?
> >
> > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> >
> > HELP!!
> > I await your counsel.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> > http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> > http://jamlady.eboard.com

Thanks, DeeDee. YES, I plugged it in! <Barb whaps Dee upside the head>.
There's something else going on, I'm now convinced. I've done the
buttons in your sequence, too, with no response from the machine.
Phooey and ptooey!'
Thanks for the reply.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
"Rina" > wrote:

> OOPS almost forgot,
>
> Here's link for Panasonic manuals note: it takes a while to load the list of
> manuals, but the wait is worth it... manuals for lots of panasonic products
> are here, (not just Bread machines)
> http://support.panasonic.co.nz/
>
> Rina
>
> "Rina" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > It's probably in a preheat cycle. Not all machines have the pre heat. Some
> > machines are programmable allowing the user to turn this off.
> > By now, you've probably figured this out and your bread is baking...

Thanks, Rina. My model is older than anything they've listed but it
appears that their breadbakers begin with a 'rest' period of 30-60
minutes. I've been starting over after 30 minutes. :-/ I'll now
leave it alone and see what kind of a lump I've got in 4 hours! Ugh.
Thank you again for your assistance.

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
>> Hello, I do bread machines and have for a loooooong time (plus artisan).
>> Just finished a pizza dough taken out of the bread machine -- Yeah, I'm
>> experienced.
>> Here's an answer that's probably likely to insult, and it's sorta like --
>> did you plug in the machine -- but, wait, that's not it.
>>
>> Push Start, THEN select your selection, "Basic, Wheat, Dough, French, or
>> whatever."
>>
>> If this is not the problem -- then there IS a problem.
>> Dee
>>

>> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>> > Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
>> > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
>> > hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
>> > pressed the red start/stop button?
>> >
>> > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book
>> > and
>> > the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>> >
>> > HELP!!
>> > I await your counsel.
>> > --
>> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
>> > "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
>> > http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
>> > http://jamlady.eboard.com

> Thanks, DeeDee. YES, I plugged it in! <Barb whaps Dee upside the head>.
> There's something else going on, I'm now convinced. I've done the
> buttons in your sequence, too, with no response from the machine.
> Phooey and ptooey!'
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

My latest breadmaker is a Toastmaster -- not top of the line, but seems
there is always something. With this one, when I lift the top up when the
bread is finished, it actually goes flying off the table and onto the floor.
Now the plastic of the top frame is actually bent so there is a gap and the
top never fully closes. The reason that it goes flying off is that the
little plastic pins that hold it in place must decrease in size while
cooking, thereby not holding the lid tight when lifted.

I'm thinking perhaps my next breadmaker will be the high priced (and I
assume over-priced) Zojo. My first one was a Zojo, but the next immediate
one was an Oster and they were both equal in quality IMO. So perhaps they
have changed.

Good luck. I hope you didn't pay a lot for your breadmaker. From the time
I bought my last Oster until I bought the last breadmaker, the Toastmaster,
the price had doubled.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.baking

Melba's Jammin' wrote on 12 Oct 2006 in rec.food.baking

> In article >,
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
> > Hello, I do bread machines and have for a loooooong time (plus
> > artisan). Just finished a pizza dough taken out of the bread machine
> > -- Yeah, I'm experienced.
> > Here's an answer that's probably likely to insult, and it's sorta
> > like -- did you plug in the machine -- but, wait, that's not it.
> >
> > Push Start, THEN select your selection, "Basic, Wheat, Dough,
> > French, or whatever."
> >
> > If this is not the problem -- then there IS a problem.
> > Dee
> >

> > "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > > Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
> > > Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a
> > > half hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic
> > > cycle and pressed the red start/stop button?
> > >
> > > I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking
> > > book and the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
> > >
> > > HELP!!
> > > I await your counsel.
> > > --
> > > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > > "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you
> > > malign." http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> > > http://jamlady.eboard.com

> Thanks, DeeDee. YES, I plugged it in! <Barb whaps Dee upside the
> head>. There's something else going on, I'm now convinced. I've done
> the buttons in your sequence, too, with no response from the machine.
> Phooey and ptooey!'
> Thanks for the reply.

Is there power at that plug?
Posted to rec.food.baking

Mr Libido Incognito wrote on 12 Oct 2006 in rec.food.baking

> Is there power at that plug?

Not a plug turned on by a light switch or blown fuse kinda dealie?
I changed many a light bulb for a floor lamp when I'd forgotten that AC
outlet was wall-switch controled...
Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Panasonic YD150 bread machine -- Houston, We've Got Bread!

In article >,
"Rina" > wrote:

> OOPS almost forgot,
>
> Here's link for Panasonic manuals note: it takes a while to load the list of
> manuals, but the wait is worth it... manuals for lots of panasonic products
> are here, (not just Bread machines)
> http://support.panasonic.co.nz/
>
> Rina
>
> "Rina" > wrote in message
> . ..
> > It's probably in a preheat cycle. Not all machines have the pre heat. Some
> > machines are programmable allowing the user to turn this off.
> > By now, you've probably figured this out and your bread is baking...

Machine appears to be one with that pre-heat thing going. They call it
a 'rest' cycle in the manual, 30-60 minutes. The loaf will be done
baking in about 25 minutes. Woo-hoo! Thanks, again Rina.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote on 12 Oct 2006 in rec.food.baking
>
> > In article >,
> > "Dee Randall" > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, I do bread machines and have for a loooooong time (plus
> > > artisan). Just finished a pizza dough taken out of the bread machine
> > > -- Yeah, I'm experienced.
> > > Here's an answer that's probably likely to insult, and it's sorta
> > > like -- did you plug in the machine -- but, wait, that's not it.
> > >
> > > Push Start, THEN select your selection, "Basic, Wheat, Dough,
> > > French, or whatever."
> > >
> > > If this is not the problem -- then there IS a problem.
> > > Dee

> > Thanks, DeeDee. YES, I plugged it in! <Barb whaps Dee upside the
> > head>. There's something else going on, I'm now convinced. I've done
> > the buttons in your sequence, too, with no response from the machine.
> > Phooey and ptooey!'
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >

> Is there power at that plug?

Sure. OE came into play. "-/
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
Mr Libido Incognito > wrote:

> Mr Libido Incognito wrote on 12 Oct 2006 in rec.food.baking
>
> > Is there power at that plug?
> >

> Not a plug turned on by a light switch or blown fuse kinda dealie?
> I changed many a light bulb for a floor lamp when I'd forgotten that AC
> outlet was wall-switch controled...

Nah. 'Twas I.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.baking

In article >,
"Dee Randall" > wrote:

> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Dee Randall" > wrote:
> >
> >> Hello, I do bread machines and have for a loooooong time (plus artisan).
> >> Just finished a pizza dough taken out of the bread machine -- Yeah, I'm
> >> experienced.
> >> Here's an answer that's probably likely to insult, and it's sorta like --
> >> did you plug in the machine -- but, wait, that's not it.
> >>
> >> Push Start, THEN select your selection, "Basic, Wheat, Dough, French, or
> >> whatever."
> >>
> >> If this is not the problem -- then there IS a problem.
> >> Dee

> > Thanks, DeeDee. YES, I plugged it in! <Barb whaps Dee upside the head>.
> > There's something else going on, I'm now convinced. I've done the
> > buttons in your sequence, too, with no response from the machine.
> > Phooey and ptooey!'
> > Thanks for the reply.
> >
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> > "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> > http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> > http://jamlady.eboard.com

> My latest breadmaker is a Toastmaster -- not top of the line, but seems
> there is always something. With this one, when I lift the top up when the
> bread is finished, it actually goes flying off the table and onto the floor.
> Now the plastic of the top frame is actually bent so there is a gap and the
> top never fully closes. The reason that it goes flying off is that the
> little plastic pins that hold it in place must decrease in size while
> cooking, thereby not holding the lid tight when lifted.
>
> I'm thinking perhaps my next breadmaker will be the high priced (and I
> assume over-priced) Zojo. My first one was a Zojo, but the next immediate
> one was an Oster and they were both equal in quality IMO. So perhaps they
> have changed.
>
> Good luck. I hope you didn't pay a lot for your breadmaker. From the time
> I bought my last Oster until I bought the last breadmaker, the Toastmaster,
> the price had doubled.
>
> Dee Dee

No, this is a loaner from Beck. The State Fair folks gave me beau coup
pkgs of quick-rise yeast and I thought that's what the bread machine
needed. NOT. LOL! I had the kids bring the machine here for a visit
while they're at Disneyworld with La Twerp. I don't know where they're
staying and Beck's without her cell phone during the day. Blahblahblah.
It appears to have worked itself out here. :-/ Operator Error.
<blush>
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
"Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
http://jamlady.eboard.com
Posted to rec.food.baking

Our machine (Sunbeam) has a preheat setting. Sometimes the stuff sits there
for 30 minutes, others it starts straightaway. It always takes the same
amount of time to bake a loaf though... Haven't worked this out! I do know
it's not a fault - I actually read the manual to work out what was
happening.

"Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
> Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
> Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
> hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
> pressed the red start/stop button?
>
> I don't have the manual, only Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking book and
> the machine's owners are in Disneyworld and unavailable.
>
> HELP!!
> I await your counsel.
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> "Maligning an individual says more about you than the one you malign."
> http://web.mac.com/barbschaller; blahblahblog 9/29/2006
> http://jamlady.eboard.com

Posted to rec.food.baking

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:58:59 -0500, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>Yeah, I think you guys don't do bread machines, but I'm groveling.
>Is the thing supposed to sit there and do NOTHING for more than a half
>hour after I've put the ingredients in and selected the Basic cycle and
>pressed the red start/stop button?

Mine preheats for a while, depending on how cold the ingredients are.

serene
--
"I can't decide if I feel more like four ten-year-olds or ten four-year-olds." Laurie Anderson , on turning 40.

http://serenejournal.livejournal.com

Posted to rec.food.baking

Hi!

Where could I find a bread machine in KL? I would like a Panasonic one.
Thanks!

Béné