Wayne Jones

Default spicy garlic soy sauce

I was searching for a couple of Thai recipes and found one which called for
'spicy garlic soy sauce'
Can anyone tell me how I would concoct this sauce?
This was in a recipe for stir fried chicken with basil and cashews
Tnx
Wayne

kalanamak

Wayne Jones wrote:
> I was searching for a couple of Thai recipes and found one which called for
> 'spicy garlic soy sauce'
> Can anyone tell me how I would concoct this sauce?
> This was in a recipe for stir fried chicken with basil and cashews
> Tnx
> Wayne

I've not heard of it. A google tells me a lot of restaurants in ritzy
places have dishes with this in the title, and that Watkins makes a
concotion by that name. Was the source USian? On a commercial site?
Maybe they mean the Watkins stuff.
I would "simmer" some peeled but whole garlic cloves and some dried red
chili peppers in a little oil and add it to soy sauce to make something
of that name.
It is hard to go wrong doing garlic and dried red chilis in MOST savory
Asian dishes!
blacksalt
kalanamak

kalanamak > wrote:
> Wayne Jones wrote:
> > I was searching for a couple of Thai recipes and found one which called
> > for 'spicy garlic soy sauce'
> > Can anyone tell me how I would concoct this sauce?
> > This was in a recipe for stir fried chicken with basil and cashews
> > Tnx

> I've not heard of it. A google tells me a lot of restaurants in ritzy
> places have dishes with this in the title, and that Watkins makes a
> concotion by that name. Was the source USian? On a commercial site?
> Maybe they mean the Watkins stuff.
> I would "simmer" some peeled but whole garlic cloves and some dried red
> chili peppers in a little oil and add it to soy sauce to make something
> of that name.
> It is hard to go wrong doing garlic and dried red chilis in MOST savory
> Asian dishes!

No soy, but here's one to start with:

Garlic Sauce (Nam Jim Gratiem) makes 3/4 cup

Ingredients

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground chili paste
2 tsp (4 cloves) finely chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt

Procedure

Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel or enamel saucepan and boil
slowly 'til reduced by half. Let cool to room temp before using immediately
or store, covered, in 'fridge up to 2 months.

--
Nick. To send your support to Any of Our Troops in Harm's Way, go to:
http://anysoldier.com/