rmg

Default pig blood

I live in San Francisco and am a regular at one of the "Little Paris"
sandwich shops which are actually a chain, I believe - at least, I've seen
one on Clement Street called "Little Paris #39" and the one I go to is on
Stockton.

The menu features Vietnamese sandwiches and pre-prepared, saran-wrapped take
out food and desserts. They also have a small menu of noodles, rice dishes,
and such.

I usually get the curry duck soup which has nice meaty chunks of duck in a
spicy broth with very thin noodles and a little bit of coconut milk. It also
has big chunks of pig blood. The first time I got the soup I had to ask what
the livery looking squares were. She told me it cleanses your blood and
purifies your system. Has anyone seen good effects from including more pig
blood in their diet? I don't really find it good or bad, just rather bland.

cheers

Dan Logcher

rmg wrote:

> I usually get the curry duck soup which has nice meaty chunks of duck in a
> spicy broth with very thin noodles and a little bit of coconut milk. It also
> has big chunks of pig blood. The first time I got the soup I had to ask what
> the livery looking squares were. She told me it cleanses your blood and
> purifies your system. Has anyone seen good effects from including more pig
> blood in their diet? I don't really find it good or bad, just rather bland.

We sometimes get the sauted pigs blood from the steam table at Dim Sum.
It's made with ginger and scallions and a thin sauce. I prefer this to the
duck blood.

--
Dan
DC.

> Has anyone seen good effects from including more pig
> blood in their diet? I don't really find it good or bad, just rather

bland.

If you have a Chinese doctor near you, go & ask them or maybe google for an
answer. It's a Chinese belief, whether it's true or not, i don't know
myself... but you'll find pig blood & liver sausages very popular amongst
the older Chinese population during winter time. As for cubed pigs blood
added to soups & noodle soups, it's normally part of the Chinese 'spare
parts'/tripe cuisine. Yes it is rather bland but some of the tripes offer
interesting textures coupled with dipping sauces.

DC.

Arsenio Oloroso

there's a Filipino dish called "Dinuguan" that calls for pig blood.
Basically, you fry up chunks of pork along with onions, garlic salt and
pepper. After the meat is browned, you stir in vinegar and pig blood
and simmer briefly to make the sauce. It's served with rice and pickled
peppers(pepperoncini). My mom used to tell me that the dish is a good
source of iron.

I haven't had it in a long time.

rmg wrote:
> I live in San Francisco and am a regular at one of the "Little Paris"
> sandwich shops which are actually a chain, I believe - at least, I've seen
> one on Clement Street called "Little Paris #39" and the one I go to is on
> Stockton.
>
> The menu features Vietnamese sandwiches and pre-prepared, saran-wrapped take
> out food and desserts. They also have a small menu of noodles, rice dishes,
> and such.
>
> I usually get the curry duck soup which has nice meaty chunks of duck in a
> spicy broth with very thin noodles and a little bit of coconut milk. It also
> has big chunks of pig blood. The first time I got the soup I had to ask what
> the livery looking squares were. She told me it cleanses your blood and
> purifies your system. Has anyone seen good effects from including more pig
> blood in their diet? I don't really find it good or bad, just rather bland.
>
> cheers

Pig's Blood Pie Just Visiting General Cooking 27 01-08-2008 08:41 PM
How To Stimulate your Body's Natural Insulin and Reduce Blood Glucose Levels. Glucosium's natural ingredients can help control blood sugar, stimulate your body's insulin production, limit nerve damage and much more. posh Diabetic 1 17-01-2006 01:48 AM
Blood Sauce Blood gerald Wine 12 02-02-2004 04:03 PM
Blood Bill Spohn Wine 21 01-02-2004 11:29 PM