Posted to alt.food.asian

Default speaking of peppers

at the store last week i purchased a pair of peppers for some huge price...
they were shaped like a banana pepper, DH said they were fire engine red not
the darker mahogny red, but instead of very hot, or "bell" tasting sweet,
they were very sweet with no hint of heat, i had him look on the package
and all it said was very sweet peppers... they looked good in the coleslaw
to dh, and they were great tasting in the chicken... but it irkes me that i
can't find out the name, Lee

Posted to alt.food.asian
Ian Ian is offline

On 6/27/2010 12:34 PM, Stormmee wrote:
> at the store last week i purchased a pair of peppers for some huge price...
> they were shaped like a banana pepper, DH said they were fire engine red not
> the darker mahogny red, but instead of very hot, or "bell" tasting sweet,
> they were very sweet with no hint of heat, i had him look on the package
> and all it said was very sweet peppers... they looked good in the coleslaw
> to dh, and they were great tasting in the chicken... but it irkes me that i
> can't find out the name, Lee

Could it be a cubanelle?

Ian
Posted to alt.food.asian

I have no idea.. they were almost six inches long and shaped just like a
banana pepper but huge, and didn't taste at all like a banana pepper... dh
says if i am still bohered next week he will google some pictures to see if
he can figure it out, Lee
"Ian" > wrote in message
> On 6/27/2010 12:34 PM, Stormmee wrote:
>> at the store last week i purchased a pair of peppers for some huge
>> price...
>> they were shaped like a banana pepper, DH said they were fire engine red
>> not
>> the darker mahogny red, but instead of very hot, or "bell" tasting sweet,
>> they were very sweet with no hint of heat, i had him look on the package
>> and all it said was very sweet peppers... they looked good in the
>> coleslaw
>> to dh, and they were great tasting in the chicken... but it irkes me that
>> can't find out the name, Lee
>>

> Could it be a cubanelle?
>
> Ian

Posted to alt.food.asian

I will save this for him to look at and see, thanks, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:31:59 -0400, Ian wrote:
>
>> Could it be a cubanelle?

> Or Big Jims.
> http://www.seedsbydesign.com/prodpict/186.jpg
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Stormmee" > wrote in
:

> at the store last week i purchased a pair of peppers for some huge
> price... they were shaped like a banana pepper, DH said they were fire
> engine red not the darker mahogny red, but instead of very hot, or
> "bell" tasting sweet, they were very sweet with no hint of heat, i
> had him look on the package and all it said was very sweet peppers...
> they looked good in the coleslaw to dh, and they were great tasting in
> the chicken... but it irkes me that i can't find out the name, Lee

Lee, these might be called "Ancient Sweets Red Peppers", I bought a couple
this weekend, too, and stuffed them with sausage. Probably they would have
been better raw, they were a bit delicate for the stuffing.
I guess they are a new thing.

Posted to alt.food.asian

i hate about half in coleslaw, and about half diced and in with some other
things on chicken, Lee...

this is the first pepper oof any kind the dh has ever said he actually liked

"stickliving" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote in
> :
>
>> at the store last week i purchased a pair of peppers for some huge
>> price... they were shaped like a banana pepper, DH said they were fire
>> engine red not the darker mahogny red, but instead of very hot, or
>> "bell" tasting sweet, they were very sweet with no hint of heat, i
>> had him look on the package and all it said was very sweet peppers...
>> they looked good in the coleslaw to dh, and they were great tasting in
>> the chicken... but it irkes me that i can't find out the name, Lee
>>

> Lee, these might be called "Ancient Sweets Red Peppers", I bought a couple
> this weekend, too, and stuffed them with sausage. Probably they would
> have
> been better raw, they were a bit delicate for the stuffing.
> I guess they are a new thing.

Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kattima
Post

Hot peppers definitely cross with bell peppers.The peppers are not affected by the cross. but now you take the seeds and grow them out and you will get hot bell peppers. or some kind of cross.
Budget hotels in chennai | Ooty