Posted to alt.food.asian

Default another oddity to me

i can skip the shrimp but would be interested in the nog recipe, Lee

--
don't like the way i post? then either block me or send a check for my net
connection... if you choose to send the check i will consider your opinion
"Wilson" > wrote in message
> sometime in the recent past Nick Cramer posted this:
>> Wilson > wrote:
>>> sometime in the recent past Nunya Bidnits posted this:

>>> Glad you all had a good holiday and are the pinnacles of civility. I had
>>> no intention of assuming it was typo Stormmmee intended to make and so
>>> without thinking further, thought there was a chance this was a term I
>>> was unfamiliar with, giving the benefit of the doubt.
>>>
>>> As for your comment, Nunya, I know the difference between ' & ", but
>>> that
>>> takes an extra 2 keystrokes. But if I skip letters creating confusion,
>>> that's okay?
>>>
>>> Stormmmee, a civil "my bad" (there, happy Nunya) would have sufficed,
>>> but
>>> I can see we're going to fight today.

>> Wouldn't that be "_a_ typo Stormmmee intended to make?" And, are typos
>> "intentional"?
>>
>> BTW There's no "'" in the possessive "its".
>>
>> I often make typos and letter-pair reversals. I try to catch them before
>> some online ashsole does.
>>

> Don't you just hate when that happens? Now, just for fun, google
> 'desrition' and see how many times it comes up. Unless these were all made
> by Stormmmee, you might think that perhaps it's a colloquial term or maybe
> something from some particular discipline. I certainly did and that's why
> I posted the question. Not to be an 'ashsole' or a grammar nazi (small 'n'
> intentional as are the single quotes.)
>
> Now on to making the Nog and peeling the fresh shrimp.
>
> A Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year to all!
>
> --
> Wilson 44.69, -67.3 reminded of how calm waters can always hide a few
> suckers - nothing like good intentions to screw up a day.

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Stormmmee" > wrote:
> i can skip the shrimp but would be interested in the nog recipe, Lee
> [ . . . ]

While you're waiting, Lee, you might try this:

Nick's Favorite Eggnog Recipe

4 eggs, separated
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup white rum
1-1/2 cups half-and-half
1-1/2 cups dark rum
1 cup heavy cream
couple pinches nutmeg

In the bowl containing the egg yolks, beat the yolks using a mixer, if you
have one. Slowly add in half of the half-cup of Splenda, while still
mixing. When really well mixed, set the yolk & Splenda bowl aside and begin
work on the egg whites. The egg whites need to be beaten stiff with the
other half of the Splenda. Combine the egg whites and the yolks and
continue mixing on low speed. Stir in the light rum, then the
half-and-half, then the dark rum, then half of the heavy cream. In a
separate bowl, whip the other half of the heavy cream. When whipped, gently
fold the cream into the eggnog mixture. Ladle room temperature eggnog into
cups and sprinkle with a small amount of nutmeg. Serve with a smile and a
silly Santa hat and your guests will love you forever!!

Serves: 8 or less.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

oh sorry, i thought this one of those recipes for one... Lee

--
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmmee" > wrote:
>> i can skip the shrimp but would be interested in the nog recipe, Lee
>> [ . . . ]

> While you're waiting, Lee, you might try this:
>
> Nick's Favorite Eggnog Recipe
>
> 4 eggs, separated
> 1/2 cup Splenda
> 1/2 cup white rum
> 1-1/2 cups half-and-half
> 1-1/2 cups dark rum
> 1 cup heavy cream
> couple pinches nutmeg
>
> In the bowl containing the egg yolks, beat the yolks using a mixer, if you
> have one. Slowly add in half of the half-cup of Splenda, while still
> mixing. When really well mixed, set the yolk & Splenda bowl aside and
> begin
> work on the egg whites. The egg whites need to be beaten stiff with the
> other half of the Splenda. Combine the egg whites and the yolks and
> continue mixing on low speed. Stir in the light rum, then the
> half-and-half, then the dark rum, then half of the heavy cream. In a
> separate bowl, whip the other half of the heavy cream. When whipped,
> gently
> fold the cream into the eggnog mixture. Ladle room temperature eggnog into
> cups and sprinkle with a small amount of nutmeg. Serve with a smile and a
> silly Santa hat and your guests will love you forever!!
>
> Serves: 8 or less.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Stormmmee" > wrote:
> oh sorry, i thought this one of those recipes for one... Lee
>[]
> > Nick's Favorite Eggnog Recipe
> > []
> > Serves: 8 or less.

One is less than 8. Should be a pretty giddy afternoon! LOL

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

i think i migt do tis after we get back from dishwasher shopping, if tat
goes well i migt make this to celibrate if get one, Lee

--
don't like the way i post? then either block me or send a check for my net
connection... if you choose to send the check i will consider your opinion
on how i post.
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmmee" > wrote:
>> oh sorry, i thought this one of those recipes for one... Lee
>>[]
>> > Nick's Favorite Eggnog Recipe
>> > []
>> > Serves: 8 or less.

> One is less than 8. Should be a pretty giddy afternoon! LOL
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Stormmmee" > wrote:
> i think i migt do tis after we get back from dishwasher shopping, if tat
> goes well i migt make this to celibrate if get one, Lee

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > "Stormmmee" > wrote:
> >> oh sorry, i thought this one of those recipes for one... Lee
> >>[]

> > One is less than 8. Should be a pretty giddy afternoon! LOL

Hope ya found a dishwasher ya like, Lee.

Try this:

Nick's Favorite Eggnog Recipe - small

1 egg, separated
2 Tbs Splenda
2 Tbs white rum
6 Tbs half-and-half
6 Tbs dark rum
4 Tbs heavy cream
couple pinches nutmeg

In a bowl containing the egg yolk, beat the yolk using a mixer, if you
have one. Slowly add in 1 Tbs of Splenda, while still mixing.
When really well mixed, set the yolk & Splenda bowl aside and begin work on
the egg white. The egg white needs to be beaten stiff with the other half
of the Splenda. Combine the egg white and the yolk and continue mixing on
low speed. Stir in the light rum, then the half-and-half, then the dark
rum, then half of the heavy cream. In a separate bowl, whip the other half
of the heavy cream. When whipped, gently fold the cream into the eggnog
mixture. Ladle room temperature eggnog into cups and sprinkle with a small
amount of nutmeg. Serve with a smile and a silly Santa hat and your guest
will love you forever!!

Serves: 2 or less.

Naah! Make the big one!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

no dw not what i wanted. this one will help with portion control...
darnit, Lee

--
Have a great day