Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Peanut Sauce

Could some please post a recipie for peanut sauce that goes with satey

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Asia" > wrote:
> Could some please post a recipie for peanut sauce that goes with satey

I'll post the peanut sauce, if I find it. Meanwhile.

SPICY ALMOND SAUCE for Satay

1 cup toasted unsalted almond slivers
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/4 cup Thai basil leaves
1 tablespoon fish sauce
Juice of 2 limes
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup peanut oil
Salt and black or white pepper to taste
Water to thin

Garnish: basil, cilantro and almond slivers

In a food processor, puree all.Don't make 'Peanut butter' out of it.
Peanuts should be a little bigger than grains of sand. May need to add a
little water to make puree smooth. Check for seasoning. Garnish with
basil, cilantro and almonds.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sun, 31 May 2009 07:53:44 -0500, Asia wrote:

> Could some please post a recipie for peanut sauce that goes with satey

Here's mine. Since I wrote the recipe, I've switched from using
chunky peanut butter to creamy, then adding crushed peanuts after
cooking. And I use May Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce instead of sriracha
sometimes (cutting back on the sugar).

> Here's something I make. All ingredients are approximate since
> I've never written it down until now. This is a noodle sauce
> which I keep in the fridge and use a few times a week for a quick
> snack.

> 1.5 cups chunky peanut butter
> 2 Tb tamarind puree
> 1 Tb lime juice
> 2 Tb Chili sauce w/garlic (Huy Fong)
> 2 cloves garlic, crushed fine
> 2 Tb sugar
> 2 tsp soy sauce
> 1 Tb Sesame oil
> 1/4 cup water

> Sometimes I'll add shrimp paste or fish sauce.

> Mix everything in a small saucepan and heat at a simmer for 10
> minutes, adjusting water or peanut butter until desired
> consistency. Use 2-3TB of sauce on a serving of thin rice
> vermicelli or mung bean threads.

Posted to alt.food.asian

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > typed:
> > "Asia" > wrote:
> >> Could some please post a recipie for peanut sauce that goes with
> >> satey

> > I'll post the peanut sauce, if I find it. Meanwhile.
> >
> > SPICY ALMOND SAUCE for Satay
> > [ . . . ]

> Is the Thai Basil you are using the same as what is sometimes called
> Licorice Basil? Methinks they are the same thing.
>
> The recipe looks delicious, I'll try it out soon!

Thanks, Marty. Of course, you could use peanuts. ;-)

I don't know from Licorice Basil. We grow some kind of Thai basil here and
buy others at the Thai market.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Member

Great recipe!...Thank you Nick!

Member

Recipe of Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce:

Ingredients:

1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. corn oil
1/4 c. dry sherry
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1/4 tsp. salt
Peanut Sauce

Preparation:
Cut chicken into 1/2 inch wide strips. Combine remaining ingredients, except peanut sauce, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

SAUCE: 4 teaspoons corn oil, 2 teaspoons sesame oil, 1/2 cup minced red onion, 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, 3 tablespoons ketchup, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon pepper.

Heat oils in saucepan. Saute onions and garlic until they are softened. Add sugar and vinegar, cooking until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.

To serve: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Thread chicken strips onto small skewers and arrange on baking sheets. Bake approximately 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve hot with sauce which is at room temperature.
Posted to alt.food.asian

this sounds very good to me, Lee