Posted to alt.food.asian

Default 10 Interesting Facts About Tea

Tea comes from the leaves of a tree called Camellia sinensis. The
three main types of tea are Black, Oolong and Green. Herbal tea does
not come from the leaves of a tea plant, therefore, is not considered
to be real tea. Roots, stems, flowers and parts of plants are used to
make herbal tea.

Studies in the Netherlands have shown that men who drink black tea
which contains catechins are 50 percent less likely to die of ischemic
heart disease. This takes place when our arteries become clogged and
are unable to work properly because of constriction.

Recent studies have shown that drinking between one and two cups of
tea per day may promote fertility by stopping abnormalities in our
chromosomes. In a recent test 250 women drank as little as half a cup
of tea per day and their pregnancy rates were twice as high as those
who did not.

To cure puffy eyes lie in a horizontal position and place either a
moist teabag or tea compress over both eyes and leave for about 20
minutes. The swelling around the eyes will to your amazement disappear
and your eyes will return to their former glory.

Tea will absorb odors around it. Here is a tip for removing food odors
from your hands. Pour some tea over your hands and the tea will remove
all odors from your fingers, and leave them smelling great. It even
works great with fish odors!

Black tea bags can be used to treat planter warts. Tannin in tea is
acidic and can be just as effective in removing warts as various over
the counter wart removers! Leave a cooled bag on the wart for about 15
minutes three times daily and slowly the wart will shrink and
disappear.

Scientists have reported for many years that men in Asian countries
who drink green tea have very low instances of prostate cancer. Many
prominent researchers believe that this is due to green tea containing
many powerful antioxidants and preventative anti-cancer agents.

In recent Australian studies CSIRO scientists found that the
occurrence of skin cancer in laboratory mice was greatly reduced when
they were given black tea. It is thought

http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Foo...925/16461.html

Posted to alt.food.asian
Rio Rio is offline

On Dec 28 2007, 4:25*pm, wrote:
> Tea comes from the leaves of a tree called Camellia sinensis. The
> three main types of tea are Black, Oolong and Green. Herbal tea does
> not come from the leaves of a tea plant, therefore, is not considered
> to be real tea. Roots, stems, flowers and parts of plants are used to
> make herbal tea.
>
> Studies in the Netherlands have shown that men who drink black tea
> which contains catechins are 50 percent less likely to die of ischemic
> heart disease. This takes place when our arteries become clogged and
> are unable to work properly because of constriction.
>
> Recent studies have shown that drinking between one and two cups of
> tea per day may promote fertility by stopping abnormalities in our
> chromosomes. In a recent test 250 women drank as little as half a cup
> of tea per day and their pregnancy rates were twice as high as those
> who did not.
>
> To cure puffy eyes lie in a horizontal position and place either a
> moist teabag or tea compress over both eyes and leave for about 20
> minutes. The swelling around the eyes will to your amazement disappear
> and your eyes will return to their former glory.
>
> Tea will absorb odors around it. Here is a tip for removing food odors
> from your hands. Pour some tea over your hands and the tea will remove
> all odors from your fingers, and leave them smelling great. It even
> works great with fish odors!
>
> Black tea bags can be used to treat planter warts. Tannin in tea is
> acidic and can be just as effective in removing warts as various over
> the counter wart removers! Leave a cooled bag on the wart for about 15
> minutes three times daily and slowly the wart will shrink and
> disappear.
>
> Scientists have reported for many years that men in Asian countries
> who drink green tea have very low instances of prostate cancer. Many
> prominent researchers believe that this is due to green tea containing
> many powerful antioxidants and preventative anti-cancer agents.
>
> In recent Australian studies CSIRO scientists found that the
> occurrence of skin cancer in laboratory mice was greatly reduced when
> they were given black tea. It is thought
>
> http://www.dontplayplay.com/html/Foo...925/16461.html

Wow thats pretty interesting. Thanks for the facts! I LOVE tea!
Rio
Member

Great insight! Tea is absolutely my favorite drink besides water. I'm a huge fan of green tea or oolong.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Hi, my day does not start without tea

nor end without tea , Thank you very much for the information on the tea..