Karen

Default Cranberry salad

<snip>

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> I might try that. I've tried fizzy stuff in Jell-O before and really

didn't
> notice much difference. Don't think I ever used Seltzer though.

Hi, Julie!

Here's a little trick I learned to make my Jell-O with lots of fizz:

Dissolve Jell-O in 3/4 cup boiling water. Chill, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Slowly add your fizzy stuff (chilled diet ginger ale, seltzer, etc.) and
stir very gently for a few seconds. Cover; chill for 15 minutes. Stir
gently for 5 seconds, cover, and chill until firm. (That second stir gives
the Jell-O more "fizz factor".) The cans or small bottles of soda seem to
give more bubbles than that poured from a larger bottle. Also, it's
important that the soda be very cold, as warm soda's carbonation disappears
too quickly and leaves the Jell-O flat.

I buy the sugar-free Jell-O "Sparkling White Grape", and I use a whole
12-ounce can of diet ginger ale to make it, following the above
instructions. I've also made sugar-free cherry or orange Jell-O using diet
ginger ale - good combination, and a nice change of pace.

Karen
Type 2