Siobhan Perricone

Default Newby here

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:07:46 +0100, "CapStick"
> wrote:

>Hi all im a type 2 newby to this NG
>
>My easy sweet snack is
>
>put two slices brown bread in a sandwich toaster
>
>sprinkle with some curants or raisins or bits of apple or whatever you
>fancy.
>
>slap two more slices on top and toast
>
>its that simple experiment with it and you can if you wish freeze the
>results.

Erm... not trying to be rude, but... you're able to eat this as a snack?

One slice of bread is typically between 15 and 20 carbs (though Pepperidge
farms 9 grain is only 13 carbs per slice). A quarter cup (not packed) of
seedless raisins is 27 carbs. So just half of this this snack recipe is on
the order of 57 to 67 carbs.

That's more carbs than I typically eat for an entire dinner, and way beyond
what works for me as a snack. I'm endlessly surprised at how many carbs
other people are able to consume. With the diversity of diabetes, no wonder
it's so hard to get solid answers on things.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"