Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A Strange Way To Eat That Was Once Common

Oh pshaw, on Thu 18 Oct 2007 08:13:16a, l, not -l meant to say...

> On 18-Oct-2007, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> I've noticed the "holding the pen" thing with quite a few younger
>> people lately. Do they not teach penmanship in school anymore? I
>> doubt that I could scrawl any legible holding it that way.

> Most schools in the US do not teach, or seem to care about, penmanship.
> The Pen Collectors of America (http://www.pencollectors.com/) has
> adopted the Pens for Kids project as its major mission. Member
> volunteers and teachers are working together to bring the use of
> fountain pens and pride of penmanship to children.

That's really a shame. I won't ever forget my 2nd grade teacher who taught
us penmanship. I'm not artistic with a brush in hand, but I won several
penmanship awards. I've always taken pride in the way my writing looks,
and I still get compliments on it from strangers. I was in 2nd grade in
1952, and we used an inkwell and penpoint in holder for classes.

> If interested in knowing more about the project and how you can help, or
> a school near you can benefit, visit the website and navigate to the
> Projects page, scroll down a half-page and read about "Pens for Kids".

I'll take a look at that.

Thanks l

--
Wayne Boatwright

Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks
are still free.