Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dana Myers Dana Myers is offline

Default First brisket and orgasms

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up, but
> none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I just
> stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells good" to "OH
> MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
> first orgasm in five years.
>
> I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it. Many
> came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket was
> gone. It was fun watching the reactions.

Way to go, Ed. Even the folks out here in California react pretty
much the same way to Real Barbecue, whether it's a bunch of my kids'
teenaged friends or friends and family. It's really gratifying
when you've cooked it up, but it's always a little amazing to think
that brisket or butt starts out as a "lesser" cut of meat, and yet
people reliably rave about it.

Great job!