Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default First brisket and orgasms

No, not mine, it was theirs.

Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my wife
offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is time to
stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er up in the smoker.

Long story short, they were putting the food out and there was some nice
dishes with pasta, lasagna, salads, etc. Then there was the brisket.

The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up, but
none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I just
stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells good" to "OH
MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
first orgasm in five years.

I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it. Many
came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket was
gone. It was fun watching the reactions.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up, but
> none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I just
> stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells good" to "OH
> MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
> first orgasm in five years.
>
> I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it. Many
> came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket was
> gone. It was fun watching the reactions.

Way to go, Ed. Even the folks out here in California react pretty
much the same way to Real Barbecue, whether it's a bunch of my kids'
teenaged friends or friends and family. It's really gratifying
when you've cooked it up, but it's always a little amazing to think
that brisket or butt starts out as a "lesser" cut of meat, and yet
people reliably rave about it.

Great job!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 15-Oct-2007, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:

> No, not mine, it was theirs.
>
> Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my wife
> offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is time
> stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er up in the smoker.
>
> Long story short, they were putting the food out and there was some nice
> dishes with pasta, lasagna, salads, etc. Then there was the brisket.
>
> The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up,
> but
> none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I just
> stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells good" to
> "OH
> MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
> first orgasm in five years.
>
> I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it. Many
>
> came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket was
> gone. It was fun watching the reactions.
> --
> Ed

I had an opportunity something like that back in July. It was a smaller
group
but the age spread was about the same. I sort of catered the meat for a
July 4th gathering at a friends place. I prepared brisket, butts and ribs.
Fifteen prople ate an unbelievable amount of BBQ. The host provided all
of the sides. It was good to watch a wheelchair bound elderly lady go
for seconds on all the meats. There were some beef backribs and I don't
think anybody there had ever seen them slow smoke roasted before.
They were the first item to vanish. My friend was so turned on he
immediately hit me up to get a smoker for him. I got him a WSM from
Amazon and he's very happy with it. He's not going to quit grilling, but
slow smoke roasted meat is definitely on his menu from now on.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> No, not mine, it was theirs.
>
> Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my wife
> offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is time
> to stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er up in the
> smoker.
>
> Long story short, they were putting the food out and there was some nice
> dishes with pasta, lasagna, salads, etc. Then there was the brisket.
>
> The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up,
> but none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I
> just stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells
> good" to "OH MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the
> ladies had their first orgasm in five years.
>
> I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it.
> Many came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket
> was gone. It was fun watching the reactions.

Sure is gratifying, ain't it?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> No, not mine, it was theirs.
>
> Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my wife
> offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is time
> to stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er up in the
> smoker.
>
> Long story short, they were putting the food out and there was some nice
> dishes with pasta, lasagna, salads, etc. Then there was the brisket.
>
> The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up,
> but none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I
> just stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells good"
> to "OH MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had
> their first orgasm in five years.
>
> I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it. Many
> came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket was
> gone. It was fun watching the reactions.
> --
> Ed
> http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Ed, you sorta one of my Internet Barbecue Heroes, but I gotta call you on
this.
You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
yourowndamnself.
It do sound like you did smoke/cook it to perfection though.
Keep up the good work.<g>
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 15, 6:21 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
> first orgasm in five years.

Shit, guess I'm gonna have to learn to cook this cut after
all.................

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Good job! My first brisket was the same way. I didn't know what to
expect, but it turned out heavenly. all the guests kept asking if it
was some sort of rib roast or super expensive cut. I explained was
brisket was, and they were shocked. then I mentioned how it took 16
hours to cook.

I was asked the normal questions like "can you cook it in an
oven/crockpot?" I just said "I wouldn't try it..."

Now we're having our big house party this weekend. I am going to good 2
10lb briskets in place of my chili I normally make (and get rave reviews
for). If I have time, I'll make the chili, but add shredded brisket to
it as the last step. But I think the brisket will be good enough.

It will be another long 2 nights in a row.. the first for cooking the
brisket, and the next eating and drinking!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
> On Oct 15, 6:21 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
>> MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
>> first orgasm in five years.
>>

> Shit, guess I'm gonna have to learn to cook this cut after
> all.................

I found brisket easier than ribs! Although taking at least twice the
time.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:

> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>> Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my
>> wife offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is
>> time to stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er
>> up in the smoker.

> Ed, you sorta one of my Internet Barbecue Heroes, but I gotta call
> you on this.
> You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
> yourowndamnself.

Now when the heck did you get so damned persnickity, Jim? :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Big Jim wrote:
>
>> "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my
>>> wife offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is
>>> time to stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er
>>> up in the smoker.

>> Ed, you sorta one of my Internet Barbecue Heroes, but I gotta call
>> you on this.
>> You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
>> yourowndamnself.

> Now when the heck did you get so damned persnickity, Jim? :-)
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

That's always been one of my pet peeves, Greenhorns do it all the time. I
made some ribs, I made a BUTT. But when Ed does it I gotta say something <G>
Bob and Ginger took a 50# pig up to Dave Linebacks place in the NC
Mountains this past weekend and helped Dave break in his new Pete Jones
Memorial whole hog pit. When he was describing the cooking, he kept saying
"WE" did this and "WE" did that. All I seen in the pictures was Bob doing
and Dave watching. When I called him on it, he fessed up. All he did was eat
and make the Margaritas. Gotta keep these things under control. First thing
you know Dave would have done it all hisowndamnself.(ABG>
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:

> That's always been one of my pet peeves, Greenhorns do it all the
> time. I made some ribs, I made a BUTT. But when Ed does it I gotta
> say something <G> Bob and Ginger took a 50# pig up to Dave Linebacks
> place in the NC Mountains this past weekend and helped Dave break in
> his new Pete Jones Memorial whole hog pit. When he was describing the
> cooking, he kept saying "WE" did this and "WE" did that. All I seen
> in the pictures was Bob doing and Dave watching. When I called him on
> it, he fessed up. All he did was eat and make the Margaritas. Gotta
> keep these things under control. First thing you know Dave would have
> done it all hisowndamnself.(ABG>

Pete Jones Memorial pit, eh? I heard that he passed in 2006 sometime? His
Skylight Inn sure served some good whole-hog 'Q. I was lucky enough to spend
part of a day hanging around his kitchen and being made fun of back around
1999. (Your from where? And you want to open a bbq place? Bwahahahaha). I
learned a lot about North Carolina 'Q on that trip.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Big Jim wrote:
>
>> That's always been one of my pet peeves, Greenhorns do it all the
>> time. I made some ribs, I made a BUTT. But when Ed does it I gotta
>> say something <G> Bob and Ginger took a 50# pig up to Dave Linebacks
>> place in the NC Mountains this past weekend and helped Dave break in
>> his new Pete Jones Memorial whole hog pit. When he was describing the
>> cooking, he kept saying "WE" did this and "WE" did that. All I seen
>> in the pictures was Bob doing and Dave watching. When I called him on
>> it, he fessed up. All he did was eat and make the Margaritas. Gotta
>> keep these things under control. First thing you know Dave would have
>> done it all hisowndamnself.(ABG>

> Pete Jones Memorial pit, eh? I heard that he passed in 2006 sometime? His
> Skylight Inn sure served some good whole-hog 'Q. I was lucky enough to
> spend part of a day hanging around his kitchen and being made fun of back
> around 1999. (Your from where? And you want to open a bbq place?
> Bwahahahaha). I learned a lot about North Carolina 'Q on that trip.
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

We were there in August for a late breakfast. Damn good pig and cornbread.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:51:28 -0400, Big Jim wrote:
>
>> You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
>> yourowndamnself.

> Well, if you want to get technical, he would have made a cow
> (doesn't sound right, does it). There's no way you can "make a
> brisket" by your definition.
>
> ObFood: Time to do another batch of cured and smoked beef
> pancreas glands this weekend. They they get sliced and fried up
> crispy as in bacon.
>
> -sw

Ed is versatile, he could have.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote in message
> You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
> yourowndamnself.

Hey, what I did to that cow in my personal life is private.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Abe" > wrote in message
> Feels nice, don't it?

Best part of the day.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Big Jim" > wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:51:28 -0400, Big Jim wrote:
> >
> >> You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
> >> yourowndamnself.

> > Well, if you want to get technical, he would have made a cow
> > (doesn't sound right, does it). There's no way you can "make a
> > brisket" by your definition.
> >
> > ObFood: Time to do another batch of cured and smoked beef
> > pancreas glands this weekend. They they get sliced and fried up
> > crispy as in bacon.
> >

> Ed is versatile, he could have.

I had a friend who tried that with a mare, when he was in the Cavalry in
France during WW I. Mare kicked the crate out from under him, kicked again
and broke his leg. He got the Purple Heart! Prolly got a Purple Wang, too.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. net...

> "Big Jim" > wrote in message
>> You did not make that brisket, unless you raised that beef
>> yourowndamnself.

> Hey, what I did to that cow in my personal life is private.

Ed, you remember what Belly said when he was caught with that ewe.
"Honest officer, all I was doing was helping her over the fence".
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
> No, not mine, it was theirs.
>
> Friends are having a baby shower for their first grandchild and my wife
> offered to help. She also offered for me to make a brisket. It is time to
> stock the freezer for winter so I figured I'd fill 'er up in the smoker.
>
> Long story short, they were putting the food out and there was some nice
> dishes with pasta, lasagna, salads, etc. Then there was the brisket.
>
> The crowd consisted of about 30 women, 25 were probably age 50 and up, but
> none had ever had a barbecue brisket. Hey, this is New England. I just
> stood back a listened. They started with "oh, that sure smells good" to "OH
> MY GOD this is soooo GOOOOOOD" I think a couple of the ladies had their
> first orgasm in five years.
>
> I had a bottle of sauce on the table, but only two bothered with it. Many
> came back for seconds and thirds and in minutes, a 10 pound brisket was
> gone. It was fun watching the reactions.

this is silly, but like you say, it was a bunch of Yankees. I live in
central Texas it is nothing to start a brisket early, watch football,
then eat, eat, eat. My sister lives in upstate NY, my god the food
selection is great and horrible all at the same time. Try getting a
chicken fried steak or bbq, ain't gonna happen. I'm not talking about
"grilled" meats, I mean bbq. But I guess you can say the same thing
about the clam chowder down here. But I've never seen anyone orgasm over
clam chowder.

by the way what do you guys typically eat when you watch the
Patriots...? not something you sip out of spoon I hope.

hell on the 3th of July we cook 17-20 briskets at a time on one pit,
ALL night long for the 100 or so people. Ribs, sausage and all the side
come along with it.

Congrats on the elderly sex experience though.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bradley V. Stone wrote:
> Good job! My first brisket was the same way. I didn't know what to
> expect, but it turned out heavenly. all the guests kept asking if it
> was some sort of rib roast or super expensive cut. I explained was
> brisket was, and they were shocked. then I mentioned how it took 16
> hours to cook.
>
> I was asked the normal questions like "can you cook it in an
> oven/crockpot?" I just said "I wouldn't try it..."
>
> Now we're having our big house party this weekend. I am going to good 2
> 10lb briskets in place of my chili I normally make (and get rave reviews
> for). If I have time, I'll make the chili, but add shredded brisket to
> it as the last step. But I think the brisket will be good enough.
>
> It will be another long 2 nights in a row.. the first for cooking the
> brisket, and the next eating and drinking!

smoked brisket chili !!! Yikes, I'd stay away from that.

mk
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

mikel68 wrote:
> Bradley V. Stone wrote:
>> Good job! My first brisket was the same way. I didn't know what to
>> expect, but it turned out heavenly. all the guests kept asking if it
>> was some sort of rib roast or super expensive cut. I explained was
>> brisket was, and they were shocked. then I mentioned how it took 16
>> hours to cook.
>>
>> I was asked the normal questions like "can you cook it in an
>> oven/crockpot?" I just said "I wouldn't try it..."
>>
>> Now we're having our big house party this weekend. I am going to good
>> 2 10lb briskets in place of my chili I normally make (and get rave
>> reviews for). If I have time, I'll make the chili, but add shredded
>> brisket to it as the last step. But I think the brisket will be good
>> enough.
>>
>> It will be another long 2 nights in a row.. the first for cooking the
>> brisket, and the next eating and drinking!

> smoked brisket chili !!! Yikes, I'd stay away from that.
>
> mk

I have seen chili with added brisket win prizes at Texas cook-offs.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

mikel68 wrote:

> this is silly, but like you say, it was a bunch of Yankees. I live in
> central Texas it is nothing to start a brisket early, watch football,
> then eat, eat, eat. My sister lives in upstate NY, my god the food
> selection is great and horrible all at the same time. Try getting a
> chicken fried steak or bbq, ain't gonna happen.

Well, Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse does a fine job with bbq.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"mikel68" > wrote in message
> this is silly, but like you say, it was a bunch of Yankees. I live in
> central Texas it is nothing to start a brisket early, watch football, then
> eat, eat, eat. My sister lives in upstate NY, my god the food selection is
> great and horrible all at the same time. Try getting a chicken fried
> steak or bbq, ain't gonna happen. I'm not talking about "grilled" meats,
> I mean bbq. But I guess you can say the same thing about the clam chowder
> down here. But I've never seen anyone orgasm over clam chowder.
>
> by the way what do you guys typically eat when you watch the Patriots...?
> not something you sip out of spoon I hope.
>
> hell on the 3th of July we cook 17-20 briskets at a time on one pit, ALL
> night long for the 100 or so people. Ribs, sausage and all the side come
> along with it.
>
> Congrats on the elderly sex experience though.

The foods you find here for a ballgame range from pretty good to pathetic.
I still see a lot of little weenies in ketchup and kielbasa in grape jelly
stuff but Buffalo wings real meatballs, and lasagna are getting more popular
and a pot of chowder is common. Pulled pork and brisket are rare.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Dave Bugg > wrote:
>mikel68 wrote:
>
>> this is silly, but like you say, it was a bunch of Yankees. I live in
>> central Texas it is nothing to start a brisket early, watch football,
>> then eat, eat, eat. My sister lives in upstate NY, my god the food
>> selection is great and horrible all at the same time. Try getting a
>> chicken fried steak or bbq, ain't gonna happen.

>Well, Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse does a fine job with bbq.

Yep!!! Haven't been there in a while (and I work several blocks away from
it).

brisket on BGE [email protected] Barbecue 4 02-07-2008 05:50 PM
Odd brisket swibirun Barbecue 7 03-03-2007 08:20 PM
Brisket versus brisket Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 6 06-08-2005 12:50 AM
Chocolate Orgasms (2) Collection Recipes (moderated) 0 25-04-2005 03:28 AM
Brisket $3.00 +/lb in N.C. Rob Barbecue 2 20-07-2004 02:23 AM