Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default Worried about Mom....advice?

Nexis > wrote:

>"Goomba38" > wrote in message

>> Has she admitted to or have you noticed a weight loss? What
>> exactly was the gastric "episode" she experienced weeks ago?
>> Otherwise, anorexia could obviously be a sign of many
>> problems. I would suggest a visit to her GP.

>No weight loss to speak of so far. The gastric thing was a stomach bug,
>nausea and feeling lousy for about a week. She's not anorexic, at
>least I don't think so.

>She doesn't fixate on her weight or feel she needs to lose any.

Just as an aside, "anorexia" simply means not having an appetite.
It is a different term than "anorexia nervosa", the psychological
condition common to teenaged girls.

"Stomach bug" is presumptive and it may not have been a bug.
The gastric problem followed by extended anorexia could be a signal
at something serious, for example appendicitis, pancreatitis, or
viral hepatitis (hep A).

In most cases if there's a physical cause it can be figured out
pretty easily.

Steve