Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Worried about Mom....advice?

"Felice Friese" > wrote in message

> "Nexis" > wrote in message
>
>> Does this sound like something serious? Would you insist on talking to
>> the doctor? Or wait and see what happens?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> kimberly

> Sounds serious to me. Deliberately or not, your mother seems to be
> starving herself. If she refuses to see her doctor, then you and/or your
> father should let the doctor know what's going on. Ask yourself what could
> happen if you just "wait and see".
>
> Felice

I'm not even suggesting this is the case in your case; but just ruminating
about my m-i-l who first stopped drinking coffee, after drinking it all her
life from morning until night, when she started at the beginning of
dementia/Alzheimers. Later it dwindled down to eating almost nothing. When
we visited, all of our meals were at restaurants; she would maybe eat a
spoonful of this or that. But at one of the places we ate, there were
free-hand-out cookies at the register (packaged, of course, for Janet), and
she would always practically skip to those cookies on the way out.

But, she had been a fussy eater all her life; I don't think she had ever
gained an ounce.
Dee Dee