Frogleg

Default The BK veggie burger

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:07:27 GMT, wrote:

>On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:43:55 GMT, "C. James Strutz"
> wrote:

>>If you expect that veggie burgers will taste like meat then you will always
>>be disappointed. They are a sandwich in their own right. Morningstar Spicy
>>Black Bean burgers are my favorite.

>Not only that - the 'fake meat' ones have always been just
>awful (to me, in my own opinion only). I've tried several,
>and tried one brand several times, as so many other people
>say they are good.
>
>However, the 'frankly vegetables' ones can be very nice
>(again, in my own opinion only).

I am an omnivore and frankly don't understand why a vegetarian would
seek meat-like flavor while distaining/giving up/choosing not to eat
meat itself. I once watched the preparation of a veggie-burger recipe
on CNN that involved at least 6 separate cooking, chopping, mixing
arrangements of perhaps 10 foods to produce a patty-shaped object that
would (after a final cooking) fit onto a hamburger bun. Why not spend
the same time and effort on genuinely vegetarian dishes that *don't*
have to look/taste like meat?