Frank Durante

Default butternut squash

wrote in message I'm not sure if I spelled butternut
properly, I had a soup that was awesome with it. I'm not sure how to make
it though. I'm also pondering any other ways that might be good to cook
it. Any suggestions

Large Butternut squash roughly cut (peeled)
1-2 large sweet onion(s)
Salt
Fresh grated ginger
Tamari

Bring about two quarts of water and the roughly chopped onion to a simmer.
Cook onion until soft. Throw in squash and simmer until it begins to fall
apart. Puree in blender, or whatever you have. Adjust for salt. Depending
on how muych soup you have and/or your taste, toss in about a 1/4 cup of
fresh squeezed ginger juice. Add a little tamari if you wish.

This soup is great with buttercup squash also.