Default butternut squash

I'm not sure if I spelled butternut properly, but anyway, I bought one
because I had a soup that was awesome with it. I'm not sure how to make
it though. I'm also pondering any other ways that might be good to cook
it. Any suggestions?
Vicky Conlan

According to >:
>I'm not sure if I spelled butternut properly, but anyway, I bought one
>because I had a soup that was awesome with it. I'm not sure how to make
>it though. I'm also pondering any other ways that might be good to cook
>it. Any suggestions?

The best way I've found to use butternut (yes, afaik, that's how you
spell it) is to cut it into inch-cubes and roast it, with potatoes,
sweet potatoes, parsnips, carrots etc.
--
http://comps.org/ <> http://comps-offline.co.uk/ <> http://comps-online.co.uk/
No One

I like it or any other "hard" squash just cut into cubes and simmered in
water with salt and some butter until tender and most of the water has
evaporated. Actually, just had butternut squash that way the other day.

> wrote in message
> I'm not sure if I spelled butternut properly, but anyway, I bought one
> because I had a soup that was awesome with it. I'm not sure how to make
> it though. I'm also pondering any other ways that might be good to cook
> it. Any suggestions?

Frank Durante

wrote in message I'm not sure if I spelled butternut
properly, I had a soup that was awesome with it. I'm not sure how to make
it though. I'm also pondering any other ways that might be good to cook
it. Any suggestions

Large Butternut squash roughly cut (peeled)
1-2 large sweet onion(s)
Salt
Fresh grated ginger
Tamari

Bring about two quarts of water and the roughly chopped onion to a simmer.
Cook onion until soft. Throw in squash and simmer until it begins to fall
apart. Puree in blender, or whatever you have. Adjust for salt. Depending
on how muych soup you have and/or your taste, toss in about a 1/4 cup of
fresh squeezed ginger juice. Add a little tamari if you wish.

This soup is great with buttercup squash also.

Louise Bremner

Frank Durante > wrote:

> ...about a 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed ginger juice.

Is that quantity correct? Even with new ginger root (which has a lot of
water in it), that seems like a huge amount of ginger juice to me.

Louise Bremner (log at gol dot com)
If you want a reply by e-mail, don't write to my Yahoo address!