Natarajan Krishnaswami

Default butternut squash

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:11:17 GMT, > wrote:
> Type 'butternut squash' in the search box. They have 51
> recipes using butternut squash....

Since this started with soup, I'd also like to point out that there
are quite a few different kinds you can make with the squash. Also
the various winter squashes are often interchangeable in many recipes.

One site I'm fond of for soup recipes is
<URI:http://www.soupsong.com>
It's not a veg*n site, but many of the recipes are easily adapted.

Searching there for butternut squash yields these promising ones:
Brazilian Winter Squash Soup (quibebe):
<http://www.soupsong.com/rsquash2.html>
Balkabagi Corbasi (Turkish pumpkin soup):
<http://www.soupsong.com/rpumpki6.html>
And one from Kurt Cobain(!):
<http://www.soupsong.com/rsquash1.html>

HTH,