Kyle Holland

Default Wusthof nife set, new, top of the line

Ok, let's put this to bed.

If I want to communicate effectively I'll choose words that are precise and
without pretense.

The word GIFT as the original poster used it, is good. It communicates the
point accurately, without generalization. Example:

Give me the box.

Now, does this mean "hand the box to me"? It can. It could also mean
"Transfer the ownership of that box from you to me."

If I say "Gift me the box" well, there is left little room for
interpretation. It means one thing only, namely "Transfer ownership of that
box from you to me without something of value in return"

This is good communication, as the language used is precise and isn't
flowery.

Do you now understand a value of accurate communication, pennyaline, or do
you still think that the OED is best used as a doorstop?