Ray & Kathy Albertson

Default Wusthof nife set, new, top of the line

"wbw" > wrote in message
> In chi.forsale Pennyaline

> wrote:
> Sorry to burst your bubble, but my OED (New Shorter, 1993) has the
> following as its second entry for "gift":
>
> gift /gift/ v.t. L16. [f. the n.] 1 Endow or provide with a gift or gifts;
> endow or present with as a gift. L16. 2 Bestow as a gift (foll. by to);
> give away. E17.

This usage is very common in the legal parlance of estate planning as well,
and I believe "re-gift" is a neologism created by the writers of Seinfeld
(see http://www.wordspy.com/words/regift.asp).

There were some harsh words for English majors. Although I was a physics
major, I am acutely aware of errors of diction. As it happens, this ain't
one of them!

PS to Wusthof: Why don't you just bite the bullet and get comfortable with
Ebay? Or stick to the "marketplace" groups?