Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Mario Batali

"Default User" > wrote in message

> What are the ratings though, compared to what they cost? I don't know,
> but if they could make more money running those then I'm sure they
> would.
>
>> Mario doesn't need food network; he's got a gzillian restaurants and
>> books. (I just bought an older published book of his the other day.)
>> Who needs to be connected to a failing network! Dee Dee

> But being on primetime Food Network is free publicity for all that. To
> throw that way over those old reruns makes little sense.

> Brian

You've got a point. But maybe Mario feels that it's too close to being free
for THEM. Those re-runs IMO are priceless, Maybe that's what they want,
too much for too little.

I understand Mario is a good business man. Perhaps foodnetwork will change
their mind. Although if it's up to that p-p-p-person, Gordon, any good deal
for either Mario or the network will probably go down the tubes; if he's
anything like what he acts ...... Geez! They ought to have someone like
Coliccho (sp?) running the network. Well, anyway, he appears to have a head
on his shoulders.

Dee Dee