Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Elizabeth Blake[_2_] Elizabeth Blake[_2_] is offline

Default CarbQuick Experiment #1

"Barbara H" > wrote in message

> They were really wonderful. I was amazed. Of course I added butter and
> had my favorite fake sausage patty (Morningstar farms). I need to try a
> lower carb syrup though. I used maple grove and it had 11 carbs for 1/4
> c. Is DaVincis pancake syrup good? I'd like to cut that down as much as
> possible.

There's Sorbee, which is 3g carb per 1/4 cup.
http://www.sorbee.com/syrups.htm
I've tried the original maple and blueberry flavors. I do NOT recomend
blueberry! I can't remember much about the maple flavor but I did finish
the bottle so I guess it wasn't too bad. I usually buy Cary's, which is 12g
per 1/4 cup but it's all sugar alcohols. Normally that stuff kills my
stomach but I generally use only 2 tbsp at a time and Cary's syrup has never
bothered me.

--
Liz
Type 1 dx 4/1987