Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college
James Schrumpf[_2_] James Schrumpf[_2_] is offline

Default Annals of Classic American Desserts, Part 738

Quiet, "James Silverton" > -- I'm
transmitting rage.

> Hoover wrote on Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:21:57 -0400:
>
> H> "Jay Furr" > wrote in message
> ??>> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
> ??>>
> ??>> Discuss.
> ??>>
> ??>> --
> ??>> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20
> ??>> gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my
> ??>> leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
> ??>>
> ??>> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs
>
> Whether or not I agree with others' practices or even like them,
> my working principle is that of clause 4 of the French Rights of
> Man:
>
> 4. Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which
> injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of
> each man has no limits except those which assure to the other
> members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These
> limits can only be determined by law.

It's that last sentence that's the killer: "I can do everything which
injures no one else -- until the law decides that my cologne is injuring my
allergic co-worker."

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net

Play like your couch is on fire!