Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

Default Annals of Classic American Desserts, Part 738

Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

Discuss.

--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

"There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 4, 8:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Discuss.
>
> --
> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
> god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

yeah, nothing wrong with that. 'Course, nothing - and I mean
nothing - beats this:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Histo...ShooflyPie.htm

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

A flute without holes, is not a flute, Jay Furr
>... A donut without a hole is a Danish.

>Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

Banana pudding MUST have sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

Ergo, you should have just said "banana pudding".

John Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta
The Nail Gun of Quiet Reflection
Deacon Dr. John Flow
RSFC Lay Eucharistic Minister
The Lost 7th Member of the 'Friends' Cast

"Violent ground acquisition games such as football are in fact
a crypto-fascist metaphor for nuclear war."
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

John Rogers > wrote in
:

> A flute without holes, is not a flute, Jay Furr
> >... A donut without a hole is a Danish.
>
>>Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

> Banana pudding MUST have sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Ergo, you should have just said "banana pudding".

"Ergo"?

You lay eucharistic ministers talk all fancy.

--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

"There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

***

"Jay Furr" > wrote in message
> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Discuss.
>
> --
> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
> god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

Hoover wrote on Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:21:57 -0400:

H> "Jay Furr" > wrote in message
??>> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
??>>
??>> Discuss.
??>>
??>> --
??>> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20
??>> gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my
??>> leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
??>>
??>> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

Whether or not I agree with others' practices or even like them,
my working principle is that of clause 4 of the French Rights of
Man:

4. Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which
injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of
each man has no limits except those which assure to the other
members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These
limits can only be determined by law.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 4, 8:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Discuss.

I was so thinking of making one of these this weekend. Thanks for the
cosmic concurance.

Mrs Mookie

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

" > wrote in
oups.com:

> On Oct 4, 8:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
>> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>>
>> Discuss.
>>

> I was so thinking of making one of these this weekend. Thanks for the
> cosmic concurance.

GIFS!

--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

"There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 4, 5:44 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
> " > wrote groups.com:
>
> > On Oct 4, 8:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
> >> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

> >> Discuss.

> > I was so thinking of making one of these this weekend. Thanks for the
> > cosmic concurance.

> GIFS!
>
> --
> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
> god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

Never had it. I'm not a banana fan.

Melissa

Posted to rec.food.cooking
No Name

The classic 1950's dessert;

Jello with fruit salad in it ;o)

<rj>

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

"Shiral" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Oct 4, 5:44 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
>> " > wrote
>> groups.com:

>> > I was so thinking of making one of these this weekend. Thanks for the
>> > cosmic concurance.

>> GIFS!
>>
>> --
>> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
>> god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
>>
>> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

> Never had it. I'm not a banana fan.

C'mon, most *******s have at least tried the banana.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

"Jay Furr" > wrote in message
> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Discuss.

Nah, Saraha is number one, followed by the Painted Dessert.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

Quiet, "James Silverton" > -- I'm
transmitting rage.

> Hoover wrote on Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:21:57 -0400:
>
> H> "Jay Furr" > wrote in message
> ??>> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
> ??>>
> ??>> Discuss.
> ??>>
> ??>> --
> ??>> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20
> ??>> gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my
> ??>> leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
> ??>>
> ??>> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs
>
> Whether or not I agree with others' practices or even like them,
> my working principle is that of clause 4 of the French Rights of
> Man:
>
> 4. Liberty consists in the freedom to do everything which
> injures no one else; hence the exercise of the natural rights of
> each man has no limits except those which assure to the other
> members of the society the enjoyment of the same rights. These
> limits can only be determined by law.

It's that last sentence that's the killer: "I can do everything which
injures no one else -- until the law decides that my cologne is injuring my
allergic co-worker."

James Schrumpf http://www.hilltopper.net

Play like your couch is on fire!
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 4, 8:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:

> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Discuss.

You are correct.

.....warm molasses cake covered in melted lemon curd....

-Tom Enright

> --
> "It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
> god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson
>
> "There's hits in chicken." -- Wade Boggs

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

:

>> A flute without holes, is not a flute, Jay Furr
>> >... A donut without a hole is a Danish.
>>
>>>Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

>> Banana pudding MUST have sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>>
>> Ergo, you should have just said "banana pudding".

>"Ergo"?
>
>You lay eucharistic ministers talk all fancy.

You are nuts.

N-V-T-S nuts!

John Rogers
AU Class of 1985
The Al Del Greco of Atlanta
The Nail Gun of Quiet Reflection
Deacon Dr. John Flow
RSFC Lay Eucharistic Minister
The Lost 7th Member of the 'Friends' Cast

"Violent ground acquisition games such as football are in fact
a crypto-fascist metaphor for nuclear war."

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 4, 11:05 pm, Tom Enright > wrote:
> On Oct 4, 8:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
>
> > Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

> > Discuss.

> You are correct.
>
> ....warm molasses cake covered in melted lemon curd....

With that one I'm thinking that you've gone all parisian on us, but
all of the sudden I bemember my gramma making that stuff. She didn't
call it "curd" though, it was just lemon sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 4, 7:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
> Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.
>
> Discuss.

If it aint chocolate, it aint dessert.

Jon

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.fan.joel-furr,rec.sport.football.college

On Oct 5, 9:17 am, Jon Enslin > wrote:
> On Oct 4, 7:04 pm, Jay Furr > wrote:
>
> > Banana pudding with sliced bananas and Nilla wafers.

> > Discuss.

> If it aint chocolate, it aint dessert.

Ding ding ding!

Plus, it sounds rather unappetizing - but people have weird tastes, so
what the heck.

It ain't no dessert tho.