Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default Hospital Food (a DH Update)

Ophelia wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>>> I used to think the same thing and our local publicly owned hospital

>> served stewed cardboard and green jello all the time. My last stay
>> there they had hired a new dietician and the food was great. I
>> specified a low sodium, no sugar diet and they set me up well. Three
>> very good meals a day with a mid-morning fruit snack and a
>> mid-afternoon sugar free pudding or red jello snack and then another
>> about 9 pm. All the food was brought to me hot, presentation was
>> good, everything was spotless and the staff were easy to get along
>> with. I nearly died from the shock of it all as my last visit there
>> was anything but nice. Found out they had a new hospital
>> administrator too so that might explain it. I don't want to go back
>> to find out if it's still serving good food. My wife did bring me a
>> cup of live culture yoghurt every day as I was on a heavy course of
>> antibiotics at the time. I certainly hope Sir Whiskers Jones is
>> getting better food by now. Edrena is probably bringing him pickled
>> beets and pickled okra to snack on. B-})

> Hey George How lovely to see you posting) How are you these days???
>
> All good wishes to Edrena and Sirwhiskers)
>> George

Fat as a hog and fit to butcher. Gained nearly 35 lbs since I got out of
the hospital on March 27th. Now I need to lose it back. Currently
getting new eyes, cataract surgery little over a week ago on right eye
and this Friday on left eye. Good news is I won't need glasses except to
read now. Doc says he is correcting my mild astigmatism too. Next is
laser surgery to open new drainage canals in my eyes so I won't have to
put drops for glaucoma in my eyes three times a day. Now if they could
figure out what to do about the worn out knees, ankles, etc. I would be
a new man.

Bought a hundred pounds of shrimp off a boat yesterday and spent some
time packaging and vac sealing for freezing in 2 lb lots. Kids will come
over from Houston area soon to pick up some for each family as Miz Anne
and I would have to eat shrimp three meals a day to eat up 100 lbs.

How are things amongst the Glaswegian's?

George