Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.preserving
The Joneses[_1_] The Joneses[_1_] is offline

Default Hospital Food (a DH Update)

Gentle Friends:
Ol'Whiskerface had his surgery this morning, they feel they got all the
cancer. He's sassy & mean as usual before I left. Doc had the gall to order
a clear diet this evening, even after our nurse-who-knew-us urged normal
diet. Bob wanted a meatlovers' pizza. Or Philly steak & cheese sub, no
onions. Or roast turkey & things. Or meatloaf & stuff. He got powdered
yellow salt broth and green jello. And Water. I got his pallid tea, being
thirsty for hot, er warm. Then I remembered the high protein, low fat bars I
carry everywhere. He ate about 600 calories' worth. Strawberry/yogurt and
s'mores flavors. That hit the spot for now. It's nice having friends on the
ward who will turn the other way whilst discussing chardonnays and prime
beef.
I'm to report for rounds tomorrow early and let docs know just how spoiled
he is for real food.
Many thanks for the good wishes & prayers.
Love,
Edrena