Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Hospital Food (sort of a Brother Update)

The Joneses wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Went to visit Scott this morning. They finally moved him out of ICU
>> to a regular room late yesterday. (Clipped Here & There)>
>> He was given a choice of food to have for lunch. He selected a Cobb
>> salad with a cup of Minestrone. They brought his lunch while I was
>> there.
>>
>> He has a few complaints about the hospital food. For breakfast they
>> cook the scrambled eggs until they are so dry they are practically
>> rubber and the
>> home-fried potatoes are dry and unseasoned. (They didn't mess up the
>> bacon!) He told me he'd welcome a small box of cereal, such as
>> Cornflakes or Cheerios, and some milk instead.
>>

>> Jill
>>

> Ol'Whiskerface has an appointment at 5:30 tomorrow morning in
> pre-op for much the same surgery. We figgered we'd just stay up and
> party all night. Forthcoming - military hospital Bed Spread Report.
> Best of luck for Scott's recovery. They got any physical therapy
> planned for him? We told our docs he needed to be strong enough to
> get back on the Harley....
> Edrena

Thanks, Edrena. The PT guy came by to see him this afternoon. So far the
prescribed therapy is walking. Lots of it. Seeing as how he nearly fell
over (with assistance) trying to get to the bathroom and back to his
hospital bed (and trying to put on his boxer shorts so he wouldn't just be
in the hospital gown), this should be quite interesting.

I like the term "Bed Spread"

Jill