David Barto

Default San Diego Cook-in

Charles Gifford > wrote:

> "David Barto" > wrote in message
> > Hey all,
> >
> > This is Christine, typing on Katherine's account.
> >
> > They are being really, really mean to me here. Jamie Utter called me a
> > bitch. I won't say what else she said..

> That Jamie! Such a mean nasty woman!
>
> > I am typing here, sipping some nice white Bordeaux...courtesy of our
> > hosts. Free wine..Wheee!!!

> Most excellent hosts! I tanked up on Delialas and Mai Tais - with beer
> chasers.

The Mai Tais (from jamie) were first rate. Had only the one, but it
was enough.

> > Charlie is here...wonderful man that he is...he likes my food, although
> > he had the nerve to eat my blossoms before they were cooked.

> I'm sorry. I only ate one - it was delicious! Your food was super I don't
> know what I liked best! Those of you who have not had the pleasure of
> meeting Christine, let me tell you that she is one heck of a cook!
>
> > Jack Schidt is here too, telling us that he really likes us
> > Californians..

> I shouldn't say this, but Jack ( the arsonist ) is really nice. Very cool!

I should say! He nearly burned down my brick outdoor grill! Takes a
special person to do that!

> > I finally got to sit down-they had me slaving away all afternoon
> > cooking. Only a few people offered to help me.

> You worked so hard Christine! I was a cad not to offer to help other than by
> eating your squash blossoms before you used them. I was very hungry at that
> point and the kitchen smelled sooooo good!
>
> > Well, I got to go back to everyone..who knows what they are saying
> > behind my back....
> >
> > Christine

> Surely nothing good!
>
> I am home now and still have a full tummy. My take home packages will have
> to wait until the morrow. I have had fun examining the Wonderful Gift Basket
> I won in the raffle! Wine! Chocolate! Mustard! I shall dream gloating dreams
> tonight.
>
> Charlie

It should be noted that it was koko's birthday. She won a basket. I
think the raffle was rigged. I mean really, how often would a birthday
girl win a raffle..?

The group was small, the food was wonderful and the conversation was
excellent. I had a wonderful day.

My kitchen is a disaster area, even after the birthday girl spent
quite some time cleaning it. (Thanks Koko)
-barto
David Barto