Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Diet And Weight Loss Advice For Vegetarians.

"Serene" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message

>>> I can't recall ever seeing a FAT vegetarian.

>> I can.

> I was a vegetarian for 20 years. I've been fat all my life.

The thing is, ALL of my "trigger foods," the ones I want to eat too much of,
are non-deadanimal. Mooshy, gooshy, warm comfort food. Hot bread and butter.
Mac and cheese. REFRIED BEANS! Black beans and rice. Rotini al dente with
spinach and garlic and parm cheese! Black bean burritos.

And best (or worst, depending on how you look at it) of all, it's cheaper
than muscle meat.

The fattest I ever got was when I ate such things to get cheap, complete
proteins. I was just in school, not enough time to make enough money for
more expensive food, then out of school and starting over at the bottom of
the pay scale and just plain poor. Add anxiety over money and leaving my
bartending gig, and there I was eating this great carby fatty stuff at
night.

Oooo, yayah, I was Abundannnnnza!